Community helpers play an important role in our lives. Here are 10 wonderful ways to give back and say Thank You to these special people!
Our communities are made up of special people who go the extra mile to make things happen. These are people who don’t look for any sort of payment and are quite often very underappreciated.
Remember, they volunteer their time away from their friends and family to make your community a better place – Community Helpers.
Saying thank you to these community helpers doesn’t have to cost very much or anything at all.
Here are some of our favorite ways to thank our community helpers.
- A heartfelt handwritten note, card, or postcard goes a long way.
- We love to bake, so we often bake cakes, brownies or cookies for some of our community helpers to say thank you.
- Give back to them by surprising them with completing their yard work or mowing their lawn.
- Pick up a bouquet of flowers from a local market or farm stand.
- Organize a meal drop off with other members of your community.
- Raise funds with other members of your community to offer the volunteer and their family tickets to a sporting event, amusement park or even a local fair.
- Create a bulletin board where positive notes of appreciation and love can be pinned for your special community worker to see!
- If the volunteer works with local children, get them all together to make artwork or cards for him or her.
- Browse Pinterest for a sweet and cute little thank you gift.
- Invite them over for a cup of coffee.