Jello Play Doh
I have a confession to make to you. I cannot stand play doh. Mostly because of the smell. We’ve been talking about making our own play doh for a very long time now. We spent most of our winter break inside due to some very rainy days and we got very bored. So, no time like the present to try our hand at making some homemade play doh.
It couldn’t have been any easier too! As a parent who has a gluten allergy, touching play doh is scary for me. Making it myself makes it a lot less scarier since I could use gluten free flour for this recipe and not have to worry about cross contamination. Plus, the jello makes it smell a lot better too!
Then, we mixed in a 6 oz of jello, 1 cup of hot water and 3 tbsp of oil.
Mix it all together!
Be sure to store your homemade jello play doh in an air tight container. I’ve seen all different types of homemade play doh over the years used as party favors in mason jars or little single serving cups.
Jello Play Doh
Homemade Play doh recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 6 oz jello packet
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup hot water
- Mix all ingredients together!
*This recipe was inspired by a post on the quirkymomma.com Facebook page.
Be sure to follow our Mini Chef Mondays Pinterest board for more kid-friendly inspiration!
Follow Courtney Lopez’s board Mini Chef Mondays on Pinterest.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Homemade Maple Yogurt Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Jello Play Doh // Momma Lew
- Best Baked Oatmeal Recipe with Apples and Pears // Baby Loving Mama
- 3 Bean Chicken Chili // We’re Parents
- Spicy Shredded Beef Quesadillas // Frugal Novice
- Easy Salmon Recipe That Kids Will Actually Eat // Eating Richly
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Kid Safety Tips for Kids // Step Stool Chef
- Cooking with Kids // Vegging at the Shore
- Gingerbread Cookies and Cream Bars // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Applesauce Muffins // O’Boy! Organic
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Snowflakes // Can’t Google Everything