Now that the three feet of epic snow we had a few weeks ago here in New Jersey is all gone and we have recovered from winter colds, I have to tell you all about how much I loved driving the 2016 Kia Sorento.
We were blessed with the 2016 Kia Sorento pulling into our parking lot the day before one of the top 10 snowstorms of all time in New Jersey hit. I say blessed because I’ll be honest, I don’t think my own vehicle would have handled the weather the way the Sorento did.
Why I loved the 2016 Kia Sorento
- Seats up to 7! There is a tremendous amount of space for an SUV in this price range!
- Touch free liftgate with a Smart Power feature was great when my hands were full of kids, groceries and more.
- Advanced Smart Cruise Control was something that blew our minds. It was below freezing for most of the time we had the Sorento and the Cruise Control will not work if it is below 32 degrees F.
- US Built
- 360 degree camera views!
- Something I have noticed about the Kia brand is their attention to comfort. The driver and passenger seats are ergonomically designed.
- For an SUV of this size and class, we were blown away at the gas mileage. Kia reports 21 city /29 HWY, we saw around 22MPG throughout the time we had the 2016 Kia Sorento.
- The seat warmers for the front AND the middle row were a blessing in the frigid temperatures!
- With multiple charging stations, this is the car you want to take on a road trip!
- Starting MSRP of $25,100!
This is the 3rd Kia that I have given a test drive and I really have to say that my impression of the Kia brand is entirely different than it was over a decade ago. Kia really rose to the challenge of making an affordable vehicle that feels luxurious.
*Thank you to Drive Shop for accommodating this test drive.