Of all of the cookie recipes, there’s something nostalgic about oatmeal raisin cookies. They remind me of being a kid.
Guess what? My kids DO NOT like Oatmeal Raisin cookies. When asked my son said: “I USED to like them” and my daughter said “YUCK! NO WAY!”. Ok then. MORE FOR ME!!!!
The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
How to make these Oatmeal Raisin Cookies:
Cream the butter with the brown and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add in eggs and vanilla, and mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix. Fold in the raisins.
One of the most important parts of this recipe? Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking. It makes the dough much easier to work with. When you chill the dough, it makes your cookies spread less and gives the cookie a perfect crispy edge.
Using your cookie scoop, scoop out 24 cookies, leaving 1-2 inches between each cookie. Back for 8-10 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Of course, if you’re anti-raisin, leave them out. You can replace them with chocolate chips if you’d like or sometimes I like to change it up with some craisins.
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 3½ c. quick oats
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 c. raisins
Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
Cream the butter with the brown and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Add in eggs and vanilla, and mix on low speed to combine.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients, and then add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix. Stir in raisins until combined.
Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking.
Scoop 24 balls onto baking sheet. Leave 1-2 inches in between.
Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 365 Everyday Value, Organic Raisins, Thompson Seedless, 8 oz
- 365 Everyday Value Organic Quick Oats, 42 OZ
- IF YOU CARE FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft
- Wilton Industries Perfect Results Mega Cooling Rack, Black
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
- Simply Organic Pumpkin Spice Organic, 1.94 Ounce
- Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract, with Pure Vanilla Extract, 11 Ounce (Packaging may vary)
- Solula Professional 18/8 Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop, 2-YEAR Warranty
- AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
Don’t forget to pin this post!