Wow, Xfinity has a lot more to offer families than I knew! A big thanks to them for partnering with me to bring you this post. #XfinityMoms
The 3 Ways Xfinity is Making Our Lives Easier
Since we moved to our town more than 12 years ago, we have been customers of Comcast. We’ve seen the vast number of changes they have made to improve the customer experience and I think this latest round of changes will really blow you away.
About a month ago, our set top box blew out and I went to our local customer service store to get a new box. At the time, the store was across the street from my house and I found out they were moving to a new location. I was given the new X1 box and after setting it up, we had no idea what to do with it since it offered so much more than we were used to!
I was thrilled when I was invited to my new Xfinity Store in Lawrenceville, NJ to be apart of their ComcastMoms event, so I can hear all about these awesome new changes!
As a family of 4, convenience and safety for my family is my number 1 priority. Comcast is understanding that to be the case for families across the board and making that happen.
The Xfinity Home service has been something I have known about for awhile now, but I had no idea it was so much more than your basic home security system.
- With 24/7 monitoring, you can have access to your home security through your mobile devices, your X1 or the Xfinity Home app. Meaning, with live video monitoring at your finger tips at all times, Xfinity Home customers can see what is going on when they are away from their own. With the scheduled rules that the Xfinish Home allows, you can get real-time notifications to know if your child walks through the door from school at 3:30 or see if they are having friends over when you told them no.
- We all know that kids seem to love to have every single light on in the house. With the Xfinity home system, you can manage your energy consumption to control your lights and thermostat. Saving you on average up to 10% on your energy bill and up to 20% on your home insurance.
- You can use your Xfinity Home as a baby monitor to check in on your kids’ rooms or even check up on your beloved pets.
- The Xfinity Home uses infared lighting so you can see a clear picture at night even with no light.
- If your power goes out, you are still covered with 4G and a back up battery of 48 hours.
Right now, Xfinity Home is $29.99 for 12 months and that includes a free camera as well.
The Xfinity X1 is great for my family.
- Each program has Common Sense Media ratings and reviews that help parents to determine what content is appropriate for different ages.
- The Kids Zone is a safe place for your kids to explore their favorite content without you having to worry about them watching inappropriate programming. You set it up for the age range and you need to enter your parental code for them to get in and out of the Kids Zone.
- When you hit the guide button twice, you will have the option to choose different types of guides – your favorites, kids, sports, trending
- Set up your devices with up to 7 user ID’s so that your child can access what is appropriate to them with parental controls (this is box specific though).
- If you miss the first 15 minutes of a show and want to start over, the guide will tell you if it is available on On Demand so that you can watch it from the beginning. This is big for my kids. They refuse to watch a show if it is not from the beginning.
And finally, the Xfinity Mobile Apps are free to download and are making your Xfinity customer experience easier on the go.
- With the Xfinity My Account app, you can change the WiFi password at a press of the button (and no more extra long passwords no one can remember). Your kids didn’t complete their chores or homework? No WiFi until it is done!
- The App recognizes where you are and changes your experience for your in house use (watch DVR recordings, your purchases and downloads) and out.
- Parental codes can be set up.
- Check the status of your account, find out about outages, troubleshoot, schedule call backs from customer service when it is convenient for you!
- Text your WiFi password to friends and family who are coming over from the app, so all they have to do is copy & paste into their phone’s settings.
- Download your DVR recordings directly to your mobile devices to watch anytime (ie: on the go like in the car or an airplane)
- Watch On Demand TV or download content.
- Live stream more than 80 networks.
If you have any questions, feel free to stop into your Xfinity Retail store. These Xfinity retail locations provide you with the opportunity to explore, learn about and interact with the latest Xfinity products and services.
Xfinity is offering this great giveaway to all of the XfinityMoms who attended the #XfinityMoms event!
One lucky reader is going to win this Nest Learning Thermostat valued at $249! The giveaway is open to US Residents who are 18+ and will end at midnight ET on 6/1/16.
To enter, follow the steps in the rafflecopter below! Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway