If you ask my kids if Santa has a favorite cookie, they’ll tell you it’s sugar cookies. So of course, that is what we make each and every Christmas just for Santa himself! Sugar cookie dough is so versatile though and fun to be creative with! We make these fun Sugar Cookie Christmas Trees as a fun holiday activity and I am sure you will love to make them too!
Sugar Cookie Christmas Trees
Start off with making the most delicious sugar cookie recipe there is. You can scroll down to find the full printable recipe!
Let’s assemble these adorable Christmas trees now!
- Add a small amount of frosting to the larger cookie, add the medium on top, and repeat to add the smaller cookie.
- Finish with one last bit of frosting.
- Add your star sprinkles to the top of your tree.
- Repeat for all of the cookies. This recipe makes 18-24 trees.
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set Aside
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until just combined.
- Roll the sugar cookie dough into small sized balls, create sets of 3 different sizes, one larger, one medium, and one small to create your tree
- The biggest cookie should be about 1 ½ inches wide.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until cookies are turning golden brown near the bottom.
- Allow cookies to cool.