Safety & Luxury with the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe
It seems once you become a parent, you find the need to trade your hot wheels for your safety wheels. If you were like my family, it was a hard transition. We are long time Chevrolet fans and recently had the chance to test drive the all-new 2015 Chevy Tahoe. You want luxury? You want safety? You need room for your growing family? This is the truck for you!
Do not let it’s size fool you. The Tahoe drives like one of Chevy’s All-American sports cars. With a 5.3 Liter, V-8 engine, we were floored at fast this full-sized SUV took off once you were out on the highway. The Tahoe’s cabin is so quiet too. You feel like you are in your own private space by not hearing any road noise at all. The smooth drive was welcomed to my husband who drives an hour plus to work everyday.
Look at all of the cabin space the Tahoe provides. This is the type of vehicle you want to take with you out on the road. We traveled to Hershey Park with 3 kids and 2 adults in the Tahoe and between the Blu-Ray player and extra space, we were all comfortable and content.
The cabin of the Tahoe is truly something made of luxury. Personally, we have never experienced anything of this high-class before. You would never think of a Chevrolet as a luxury vehicle, but in my opinion the Tahoe reinvents that idea.
- Power adjustable seating,
- Leather seats
- Heated & cooled front seats that are customized to the Driver and Passenger’s liking.
- The third row folds down to allow for more trunk space. I always was under the impression you needed to remove seats in SUV’s like this, so I was shocked when I got back to the car with my groceries that with a push of a button, I was able to have the seats fold down.
Let’s talk about SAFETY!
When you have little ones in your care, you want to ensure you are putting them in the safest vehicle possible. After looking up the NTSB Crash Test ratings, the Tahoe received 5 stars in every category but two (still 4’s though in the rollover). The Chevy Tahoe, in my opinion, has a safety feature for just about everything. Everyday we were discovering something else.
- Lane Departure Warning & lane change assist – This feature was absolutely amazing while driving on the NJ Turnpike. It can be hard to judge sometimes how much room you have to switch lines, in your side mirrors, an indicator flashes while it is unsafe to switch lanes.
- Safety Alert Seat – The seat vibrates when you are getting too close to a vehicle. I drove for the first time in Hoboken, NJ where the roads are notoriously narrow. Driving this large SUV made me a little nervous, but with these GM-patented seats, I was able to navigate through the streets with no problems at all.
- On Star – I won’t lie, it does take a little bit to get used to a few of the bells and whistles of the Chevy Tahoe and we had a little oops. We didn’t realize the “ON” was for the On Star Button and before we knew it, the phone was ringing. In less than 30 seconds an On Star rep was speaking to us, asking what our emergency was. Thankfully she was very nice and understood our mistake. But, it made me feel so safe that if God forbid something happened, help was only 30 seconds away!
- Front Center airbags
- Back Up Camera
Other features we found to add to the uniqueness of the 2015 Chevy Tahoe were:
- Keyless Entry with push button start,
- 8″ LCD touchscreen radio with Chevy MyLink connectivity,
- Built in Navigation System
- Sync up your iPhone for hands free phone use,
- Sirius Radio
- 6 different USB ports + 6 power outlets – I had never even seen this features in a vehicle before!
While most luxury cars sit pretty, the Tahoe is meant to be driven. The Furthest we drove with the Tahoe was 2 and a half hours to Hershey Park (you can read about the Chevy Ride & Drive event here), but I kept telling my husband that this was a ROAD TRIP READY vehicle. The 2015 Chevy Tahoe allows you to haul up to 8,500 lbs, so it’s the perfect vehicle to travel with your boat, trailer or pop up.
A special thanks to Drive the District for allowing me to test drive the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe!
Follow Drive the District by GM here
Follow on Twitter & Instagram #PHIDistrict @DistrictDrive