This Beef Tenderloin Recipe is special, but so easy. It’s perfect for the holidays. It’s full of flavor thanks to herbs and garlic.
The holidays for my family is all about tradition and when it comes to tradition, that usually means food. I look forward all year long to making extra special dishes, like this Beef Tenderloin Recipe I make every Christmas.
This beef tenderloin will end up being the centerpiece of your holiday dinner table. It’s really just something special and beautiful. I have faith in you that you can do this! Don’t be intimidated by this Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin.
We just love the taste of the gravy from the pan drippings on the potatoes. Add in the mushrooms and onions, oh my! Of course, a biscuit is always welcomed to dip into the delicious gravy!
My husband always likes to make a fresh creamy horseradish sauce to serve with his tenderloin.
How to make this Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin recipe:
Before Cooking: Let your meat come to room temperature before putting it in the oven, about a half hour before should do it.
Cook Mushrooms & Garlic: In a large skillet, cook mushrooms and shallots until softened. Arrange on the bottom of a roasting pan.
Season: In a bowl, add oil, rosemary and garlic and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Rub the rosemary-garlic mixture on top and all along the sides of the beef.
Roast: Arrange the seasoned beef tenderloin on top of the mushroom mixture. Roast in a pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes for medium-rare or longer for more well done results.
Rest: Remove from oven and let the tenderloin rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
This is a recipe that will practically melt-in-your-mouth.
I really like to buy my beef tenderloin from Snake River Farms.
How do I know when to take this Beef Tenderloin Recipe out of the oven?
I highly suggest getting a probe thermometer. It’s a piece of cooking equipment everyone should have in their kitchen.
- RARE – 115°F – 120°F
- MEDIUM RARE – 120°F – 125°F
- MEDIUM – 130°F – 135°F
As your beef rests, the internal temperature will rise, so keep that in mind.
What is on your holiday dinner menu? Here’s some more inspiration:
- Stuffed Shells
- Penne a la Vodka
- Italian Butter Cookies
- Cranberry Cake
- Cranberry Fluff Salad
- Mashed Potatoes
Don’t forget to pin this Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin recipe!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 lbs beef tenderloin roast
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- Place oven rack in center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt one tablespoon oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushroom and shallots and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms and shallots develop a bit of color and soften, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, add oil, the rosemary and garlic and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Rub the rosemary-garlic mixture on top and all along the sides of the beef.
- Arrange the sliced red onion on the bottom of the same skillet and place the seasoned beef tenderloin on top of the onions
- Arrange the mushroom and shallot mixture around the sides of the beef tenderloin and place in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes for medium-rare or longer for more well done results.
- Remove your Beef Tenderloin from oven and rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Actual cooking time will vary depending on a number of factors, including the starting internal temperature of the beef. Therefore, allow the beef to rest at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before roasting and use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness. For medium-rare, remove from oven at 140°F. The temperature will rise to 145°F as it rests.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
DOWAN Large Serving Platters, 16/14/12 Inches Oval Serving Platters, Oval Serving Plates Dinner Plates Serving Dishes, Ideal for Parties, Restaurant, Dessert Shop, Set of 3, White
ThermoPro TP03 Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer Kitchen Cooking Food Candy Thermometer with Backlight and Magnet for Oil Deep Fry BBQ Grill Smoker Thermometer
Lodge L8SK3 Cast Iron Skillet and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black