This roasted sugar snap peas recipe is a delicious and versatile side dish that comes together in less than 20 minutes making it perfect for busy weeknights.
We love growing fresh sugar snap peas, we grow this summer vegetable every year. This is one of my favorite healthy recipes to make with them!
Between the bacon and mushrooms, what’s not to love about these roasted snap peas?
Even the kids gobble them up! Snap peas are almost like nature’s candy thanks to their sweet flavor.
I love how roasting the snap peas really brings out their flavor!
We love how easy this Roasted Snap Pea recipe is, thanks to simple ingredients. This simple recipe is an excellent addition to any main dish, brunch recipes or even as a healthy snack.
Sugar snap peas are a cross between snow peas and garden peas. The edible pods have a crunchy texture.
How to make Roasted Snap Peas
- Slices Bacon
- half pound sugar snap peas
- Baby Bella Mushrooms
- chopped garlic
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Start with the bacon. Personally, I like to make a big batch of bacon in the oven. Then, whenever we want bacon throughout the week (whether with breakfast or any other meal), it’s ready in seconds by reheating in the microwave.
All you need to do is spread the bacon flat on a large baking sheet lined with aluminum foil in a single layer and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until evenly cooked through and crispy.
When bacon is finished remove from the pan leaving the cooked fat in the pan.
While the bacon is cooking wash and slice mushrooms into thick slices or quarters.
Add snap peas and mushrooms to the bacon pan.
Make sure both your mushrooms and your snap peas are both nice and dry. This is key in getting this recipe nice and crispy in the oven.
Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss peas to coat.
Place the pan back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
Crumble bacon and sprinkle it over the vegetables before serving.
Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and serve.
Storing your Roasted Snap Peas & Mushrooms
It’s very rare that I have leftovers with this recipe. But, if you do, let them cool off and store in the refrigerator for a few days.
With a sharp knife remove the stem end of the pod.
Pull the stem down and the stringy part of the snap pea will come right off.
- 4 – Slices Bacon
- 8 oz Snap Peas
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Heat oven to 400
- Spread bacon flat on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until even and crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking wash and slice mushrooms into thick slices or quarters
- When bacon is finished remove from the pan leaving the cooked fat in the pan.
- Add snap peas and mushrooms to the bacon pan. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, stir to coat.
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle it over the roasted snap peas and mushrooms before serving.
For a meatless meal, do not use bacon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.