For years now my family has been wanting to go strawberry picking! We live right in the midst of so many great farms to visit! Only problem is, strawberry picking is so short lived! This year we finally got there!!!
We picked at Wemrock Orchards in Freehold, NJ.
After we ate about a pound of the delicious strawberries, my husband asked me to try and make some yummy jam! So the good wife I am, obliged!
The first thing you want to do is wash and hull all of your strawberries! Then you want to mash them up! I used my Pampered Chef Mix n Chop to do the job! Then add the mashed berries, I had 1 pound, to a pot and add 2 cups of sugar and 2 tbsp lemon juice. Mix it all together and stir over low until the sugar is fully dissolved. Then you want to keep your jam at a boil until it reaches 220 degrees F. I don’t have a candy thermometer, so I used my Pocket Thermometer. Let the mixture cool, as it cools it will thicken! And then add to a mason jar! I didn’t can my jam since it made only about 2 cups and we will use it before it goes bad.
Quick & Easy Strawberry Jam:
- 1 pounds washed & hulled strawberries
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Mash your strawberries until they are full of juice and very little bits.
- Add to a heavy bottomed pot and mix with the sugar and lemon juice. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Boil the jam mixture until it reaches 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the jam cool and add to a mason jar.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!