Pesto Made with Peas
About 10 years ago, I remember watching Rachel Ray make this delicious 30 minute meal – Peasto. Back then, it was my nightly routine to come home from work and watch the Food Network until my then fiance came home and it was time to make dinner. For the most part, Food Network is how I learned to cook.
I have had this recipe in my head for over 10 years as something I have been wanting to make! Then these delicious Ravino ravioli’s came to me to try and out of no where the pesto made with peas recipe came back to me.
Pesto made with Peas is a recipe that I was shocked to see my kids eat. It was a fun and different way to get them to eat AND enjoy their vegetables! It has such a nice spring flavor too – light and refreshing!
Pesto made with Peas is fairly frugal too. I bought a bag of organic frozen peas at Aldi for 99c and a bunch of basil at Target for just $1.00. Come the summer, we will have our own fresh basil to use.
My daughter loves using our NutriBullet to make sauces, smoothies and more and we’ve used it quite a few times now for Mini Chef Mondays recipes. Layer all of the ingredients in your blender — juice and zest of a lemon, peas, basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and olive oil.
Blend it all together!
Pesto Made with Peas
Spring like recipe using a mixture of basil and peas to make a delicious pesto made with peas!
- 1 package frozen peas (dethawed)
- 1 cup basil leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Blend all ingredients in a blender
- Reserve 1/2 to 1 cup of pasta water and a sauce pot mix it into the pea pesto to thin it out.
- Warm the pesto to taste.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, ravioli works wonderfully.
- Top with extra peas, Parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
Like I said, I used the Ravino Ravioli for my pesto made with peas.
The buttery taste of the ravioli paired perfectly with the sauce. Ravino Ravioli is a handcrafted artisan pasta and comes in 4 delicious flavors: cheese, chickpea & kale, mushroom & fontina and spinach & ricotta. We used a mix of cheese and spinach & ricotta ravioli to pair with the pesto made with peas. You can find Ravino Pasta in stores in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
Ravino Ravioli uses fresh and natural ingredients, offering a healthier version of your beloved traditional Italian meal. They are quick and easy too, done in just 4 minutes!
*Thank you Ravino Pasta for sending samples of ravioli to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own and were not influenced in anyway.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 7 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- S’mores Stacks // Courtney’s Sweets
- Pesto Made with Peas // Momma Lew
- Strawberry Mango Italian Ice // Baby Loving Mama
- Chicken and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich // We’re Parents
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Fudge Bars Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Breakfast Naan Pizza // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Slow Cooker Bean Tortellini Soup // Vegging at the Shore
- Healthy Lunches Kids Can Prepare Themselves // O’Boy! Organic
- Candy Pizza // Can’t Google Everything