This post is in partnership with Pace®, Prego®, & SpaghettiOs®; however, all opinions are my own.
What do Pace®, Prego®, and SpaghettiOs® have in common? They’re all perfect for quick, effortless, easy recipes! Check out 2 of our favorites!
We are back to school and that means back to a routine. I’m working from home and taking care of the kids while they are doing their remote learning. I’ve become tech support, a clock and a teacher.
By the time I get to sit down and relax, it’s time to make dinner. That’s why I love easy-to-make meals that are full of flavor and aren’t a huge time commitment.
I am sharing two delicious recipes with you today made with two of my favorite ingredients: Pace® Picante Salsa and Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce.
The truth is, we are all looking for recipes that require less time, less mess and less stress! So I am excited to share these recipes that the whole family will love!
I pick up everything I need at my local Walmart because it’s a one-stop shop for all of my family’s meal prepping needs.
Easy Skillet Lasagna
This Easy Skillet Lasagna is one of my favorites. You’ll be surprised that this recipe takes just 30 minutes!
Made in one skillet, this comfort food favorite uses ingredients like ricotta, mozzarella, and ground beef, all like your traditional lasagna recipe. There’s no need to cook your lasagna noodles, they cook just perfectly in the Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce.
It’s amazing that Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce comes from a jar because it has such a delicious homemade taste. That homemade taste comes from red, vine-ripened tomatoes and traditional Italian seasonings.
Be sure to grab Prego®’s recipe for Easy Skillet Lasagna on their website here.
Easy Mexican Lasagna
When I am looking for a twist on Taco Tuesday, I turn to this easy Mexican Lasagna recipe, using our favorite salsa for tacos, Pace® Picante Sauce!
This recipe has layers of ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning, tortillas, cheese and the smooth, perfectly blended Pace® Picante Sauce.
My Mexican Lasagna recipe is a twist on traditional lasagna, using tortilla shells in place of noodles, and instead of sauce, we are using the kick-up flavor of Pace® Picante Sauce.
Start by browning your ground beef. When it’s finished cooking, sprinkle a packet of taco seasoning and mix through your beef. Now you are ready to start assembling your Mexican Lasagna. On the bottom of a casserole dish, spoon some of the Pace® Picante Sauce.
Cut the tortillas into thirds and layer them on top of the salsa. Spoon the ground beef over the tortillas. Spoon some salsa over the ground beef and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top. Top with tortilla strips and keep layering until the casserole is filled.
Finish the top layer with salsa and cheese. Bake your Mexican Lasagna until it is browned and bubbling. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Serve your Mexican Lasagna with fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes and sour cream.
You can totally make this dish in advance if you’d like. When you are done assembling, cover your lasagna with foil and refrigerate until ready to bake.
And on those days when I need the kids to be completely independent, they reach for SpaghettiOs® as a quick, prepless meal. Campbell’s® SpaghettiOs® with Meatballs is the perfect choice for a great-tasting main dish or filling snack at an affordable price.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Pace® Picante Salsa
- 12 flour tortillas, 8-inch size
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- chopped cilantro, sour cream, diced tomatoes for toppings
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In a frying pan, cook your beef until browned, 4-5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle in the taco seasoning and coat the beef.
5. Add a few spoonfuls of the Pace® Picante Salsa on the bottom of the casserole dish.
6. Cut the tortillas into thirds.
7. Layer the tortillas over the salsa to cover the bottom of the casserole dish.
8. Spoon some of the ground beef over the tortillas, followed by some of the salsa and shredded cheese.
9. Top with more tortillas.
10. Repeat the layers, ending with tortillas.11. Top with salsa and more shredded cheese.
12. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the Mexican Lasagna is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
13. Let your lasagna cook for 5 minutes before cutting into it.
14. Top with cilantro and diced tomatoes.
15. Cut your lasagna into squares to serve.