Capture Walt Disney World theme park memories by posing with your favorite character and get frame-worthy shots with these tips for how to get the best character photos at Disney!
How to Get the Best Character Photos at Disney
One of my favorite things about going to Walt Disney World has nothing to do with the rides. Don’t get me wrong. I love all the super fun rides and attractions that each park has to offer. They’re the best! But there is so much more to the Walt Disney World experience than the rides. Have you ever taken character photos for instance? They’re more than worth the stop.
I’ve been taking photos with my favorite Disney Characters for ages. And if you have kids, it’s such a special way to watch them grow. Nothing’s cuter then a baby hugging Mickey…or a teenager doing the same for that matter. They might act like they hate it, but they’ll love looking back on those memories! Haha!
Tips for the Best Character Photos at Disney
1. Book a character meet and greet Fastpass. Some of those lines can be pretty long. If you have your heart set on a certain character, you won’t regret securing your spot.
2. Go at the beginning of your day. You’ll feel great and look nice and fresh. Fatigue shows in photos my friends.
3. Dress accordingly. If you plan on framing these photos, think about the character you’ll be taking photos with and coordinate your outfit with their costume.
4. Capture your own photos with your phone (or hand it to someone in your party if you’re in the photo) while the Disney photographer is doing their thing. You’re sure to get some great candid shots!
5. Direct the shot. Look up pose ideas and come ready with ideas. The photographer will happily comply with your requests!
Don’t forget these tips for how to get the best character photos at Disney the next time you find yourself there. I daresay you’ll walk away with more than a few frame-worthy moments! In fact, if you take enough of them, you can create a photo book complete with all your best Disney character photos!
Don’t forget to read about the best places to watch the Fireworks in Magic Kingdom or the 10 Overlooked Magic Kingdom Rides!