Easter Bunny Cake
It’s always so fun to create something fun and different for a holiday. My mini chefs were so excited to create this delicious Easter Bunny Cake out of our favorite cake mix. We love to make a carrot cake for Easter, but you could of course you use any of your favorite cake recipes!
First things first, start by making your cake according to normal directions into two round cakes. This will do 2 things: either give you a second bunny cake OR give you a back up if you mess up (like as you can see in our 2nd cake).
Now it’s time to put your bunny cake together!
Slice one cake round in half.
On a cake board, piece of cardboard or plate, spoon a little frosting. Frost one of your halves and put the two halves together like so:
Then, stand your cake up on the frosting you had put down on your plate or cardboard.
Cut out an area to shape out the bunny’s head:
(enjoy a little piece as a snack too)
Now it’s time to frost your Easter bunny cake with your favorite frosting recipe.
Of course a bunny needs some ears!
I was going to use some construction paper, but my daughter had other ideas. She recommended a plate and I am gladI listened, as this was a much more sturdy choice. I took a toothpick and taped it to the back so that it could stick into the cake.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Avocado Deviled Eggs // Courtney’s Sweets
- Easter Bunny Cake // Momma Lew
- Starwberry Pound Cake Parfaits for Easter // Baby Loving Mama
- Chocolate Covered Caramel Cheesecake Bites // We’re Parents
- White Chocolate Covered Grapes // Frugal Novice
- Easy Lamb Chops Recipe for the Oven // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Bunny Rabbit Pancake // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies // Step Stool Chef
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites // Vegging at the Shore
- Strawberry Pineapple Kale Smoothie // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Cooking with Kids: Keeping it Safe // O’Boy! Organic
- Peaches and Cream Pie // Can’t Google Everything