Cranberry Cosmo with 7UP
When it comes to getting together with friends and family during the holiday season, we always have a fun and festive cocktail. Our favorite mixer is 7UP. It’s the perfect mixer with it’s clean, crisp taste, no caffeine and has no artificial flavors.
Our signature cocktail this Christmas is a Cranberry Cosmo.
On Thanksgiving, I had some how made my cranberry sauce wrong. While it wasn’t good for dinner, it was great as a simple syrup for our cocktails.
Cranberry Simple Syrup
- In a saucepan, combine 2 cups water, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 cup of fresh cranberries.
- Cook over medium heat and simmer until the berries begin to pop, about 7 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Fill a shaker with ice,
- Add 1oz of vodka,
- 1 cup of 7UP,
- 2-3 tbsp of cranberries,
- juice of haf of a lime.
- On a small dish, add a few tablespoons of sugar. Rub the lime on the rim of your glasses. Dip the rim of the glass into the sugar.
- Pour your Cranberry Cosmo into the glasses.
- Garnish with a lime and cranberries,
This holiday season as you begin to prepare for parties, get togethers or even a quiet night by the tree, remember to stop by your local Safeway to purchase 7UP for all of your holiday entertaining and drink recipe needs. Safeway carries all of my favorite brands making my holiday entertaining shopping a breeze. To complete your drink recipe, pick up beverage napkins, coasters, drink stirrers, as well as an assortment of cheeses, crackers and other appetizers at Safeway.