This flavorful citrus & avocado salmon recipe is an easy meal with heart healthy ingredients like spinach and salmon. This colorful light meal makes for great leftovers too!
It’s easy to get into a rut when you are changing your food habits. I have found that keeping things fresh and flavorful will keep you on track and satisfied!
One of my favorite “splurge” meals is this Citrus Salmon recipe with avocado. This dish is perfect to make when you are looking to make a “special” dish.
Citrus Salmon does not require many ingredients, spices you will never use again. It’s great as leftovers as well!
How to make this Citrus Avocado Salmon Recipe
~2 tbsp olive oil
~2 tsbp freshly squeezed orange juice
~Salt & pepper
-Marinate 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of salmon for a minimum of 1 hour.
As your salmon is marinating, make your salsa.
To make your salsa, mix together:
~1 diced orange
~1 diced ripened avocado
~2 tbsp diced, fresh cilantro
~2 tbsp lime juice
~3 tbsp fresh orange juice
~Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Cook your salmon:
~My favorite pan to use is the Stone Earth Pan by Ozeri. I use it to cook everything.
~Pour the marinade in your pan and cook your salmon in the marinade for about 5-6 minutes on medium heat on each side.
~You want your fish to be flaky.
Serve your Citrus Salmon recipe with salsa on top of your fish.
- * 2 tbsp olive oil
- * 2 tsbp freshly squeezed orange juice
- * Salt & pepper
- * 1 pound fresh salmon
- * 1 diced orange
- * 1 diced ripened avocado
- * 2 tbsp diced, fresh cilantro
- * 2 tbsp lime juice
- * 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- In a deep dish, create your marinade with the olive oil, 2 tsbp orange juice, salt and pepper and salmon.
- While the fish is marinating, put the salsa together with the diced avocado, orange, cilantro, remaining orange juice and lime juice.
- Refrigerate both the marinating fish and salsa for a minimum of one hour.
- Pour the marinade in your pan and cook your salmon in the marinade for about 5-6 minutes on medium heat on each side.
- Your fish will be done when it becomes flaky.
- Serve your citrus salmon recipe over rice or field greens with salsa on top and juice from the pan.