These Chewy Oatmeal M&M Cookies are the perfect treat around the holidays! Rumor has it that even Santa himself loves them with a cold glass of milk!
Chewy Oatmeal M&M Cookies aka: Reindeer Cookies
We just had our first snow day of the season and regardless of how much I dislike winter, a snow day is always welcomed. There is nothing better than staying home in our pajamas all day, breaking out the snow boots and sleds and doing nothing but relaxing! Especially this time of the year with Christmas right around the corner!
It was the perfect day to come in from the cold and enjoy these Chewy Oatmeal M&M Cookies aka: Reindeer Cookies. We make a whole variety of tasty Christmas treats this time of the year and these oatmeal M&M cookies are some of Santa’s favorite! Some of his other favorite cookies include these easy sugar cookies, peanut butter roll outs, peppermint shortbreads, or my personal favorite, biscotti!
Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom to get the printable recipe!
How to make these tasty cookies:
Well, in my opinion every delicious, chewy cookie recipe starts with creaming butter and brown sugar together. So, that’s where we begin. Then we add in some peanut butter, egg and vanilla.
Then, it’s time to add in all of the other tasty ingredients like chocolate chips, the M&M’s and oats. This is some sticky dough, FYI. Your best chance at the perfect cookie will be to freeze your dough for at least thirty minutes. When you chill your dough it keeps your cookies nice and thick.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and using a cookie scoop, drop onto the parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
After about 8 minutes you will have yourself some deliciously chewy oatmeal M&M cookies!
Don’t they look so good?
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup red & green m&m's
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, corn starch, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually, mixing in between each addition.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and m&ms.
- Freeze for a minimum of 30 minutes to chill the dough.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on the parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges are starting to brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.