Cheap & Easy Backyard Boredom Busters
There a ton of ways to make your own backyard fun! Make a space that will make you never want to leave!
- Fill buckets of water and grab some paint brushes for the kids to “paint” everything and anything they can find!
- Hot potato – Water balloon style!
- Water Balloon or bean bag toss – line up different bowls and assign each bowl a point value for a fun game with a little competition.
- Sidewalk Chalk – our favorite! Swap crayons, pencils and paper indoors for chalk outdoors!
- Run through the sprinklers! You have to water the grass anyway, right?
- Car Wash! Get buckets and sponges and have the kids wash their bikes, scooters and other ride-on toys!
- Scavenger Hunts!
- Have a picnic right in your own backyard – maybe invite friends over for a picnic playdate!
- Go camping. No tent, no problem! Grab old sheets or blankets to make forts outside with lawn furniture. Nap time anyone?