The last few weeks of summer were so rainy. When we saw a sunny weekend ahead, we went onto TripAdvisor to find something new to us to do. We decided on Cape May, NJ and upon on arrival we couldn’t believe we never enjoyed what the southern most tip of New Jersey had to offer!
Here’s a quick guide to a weekend in Cape May, NJ. Have fun!
Our Weekend Getaway to Cape May, NJ
*This post was sponsored by TripAdvisor. All opinions are my own.
We decided on the Beach shack after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. A few things we loved about the Beach Shack:
- The proximity to the beach. It was literally across the street!
- On the beach, as a Beach Shack guest, on the beach you have access to towels and beach chairs.
- The Rusty Nail. We ate lunch when we arrived in Cape May at the Rusty Nail and it was delicious. But, the best part was at night! Once the sun went down, the tiki torches lit up, there was a live band and a fire pit. The lady sitting next to me said it felt like she was at a family campground where she just didn’t know anybody!
- The rooms were perfect. I loved that our room overlooked the Rusty Nail to hear the live music and my kids loved the bunk beds!
A visit to Beach Plum Farm is a must. We decided to visit because of the toiletries in our hotel room at the Beach Shack were from this amazing local farm. There’s animals, local produce, farm-to-table food and things to buy and see.
I thought I had known my favorite beach in New Jersey, but Sunset Beach has quickly overtaken that spot.
After our day at the beach, we walked up to the shops surrounding Congress Hall. There’s plenty of little shops and restaurants to check out! We settled on the Cape May Fish Market to enjoy a delicious seafood dinner!
Because we had never been to Cape May, we really relied on the reviews on Trip Advisor to help us make decisions.
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest provider of tours, activities and attractions, with more than 56,000 bookable experiences in 2,500 destinations worldwide. TripAdvisor Attractions offers something for every kind of traveler; book everything from walking tours, skip-the-line access and theater tickets to hot air balloon safaris and Everest base camp treks.
Why book on TripAdvisor?
Because booking attractions in-person, after arrival, can be risky – there’s no reviews to read, there’s no “big picture” overview of what’s available, some attractions may be unavailable at short notice or come with an hours-long line. TripAdvisor removes this friction:
- Knowledge: We consolidate the options in one place, so you can easily search for what best suits your needs.
- Reviews: We show you thousands of reviews on attractions so you can make informed choices
- Ease: We make booking online or on our free mobile app quick and easy – no hotel concierge, no guidebook, no ancient brochures.
- Whenever, wherever: You can book a month in advance, a week in advance, a day in advance, or a ‘skip the line’ ticket form the very line you’re standing in.
- VIP access: We offer skip-the-line opportunities, behind-the-scenes access, private viewings and more
- 24/7 customer service: Book with TripAdvisor Attractions and you’ll have 24/7 access to our customer support team
- Low price guarantee: If you find a lower price for the same tour or activity within 72 hours of booking, or if you arrive in your destination and find your activity offered at a lower price by our operator, let us know. We’ll refund the price difference
Finding the lowest price hotel with TripAdvisor
- Find the best prices from 200+ booking sites: With one click, we compare prices from 200+ hotel booking sites – including the hotel’s own website – to help you find the lowest price on your ideal hotel
- See ‘Best Value’ hotels instantly: Only on TripAdvisor: See hotels ranked by our “Best Value” index, combining traveler ratings, best prices, location and more
- Get the latest and lowest prices: TripAdvisor updates hotel prices in real time, 24/7 — so you never miss out on a great deal