*This is a sponsored post on behalf of Nellie’s Free Range Eggs. All opinions are my own and have not been influenced in anyway.
My favorite time of the year is here! Baking season! My kids (and my husband) are obsessed with my brownie recipe. It’s my go-to for any sort of function or party where they volunteer me to bring a dessert.
This holiday season, I wanted to try something a little bit different. Brownie Truffles! Yum! So let me share my delicious recipe with you!
First things first, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease your favorite baking dish. In a bowl, mix together melted butter, boiling water, cocoa, baking soda and stir together.
Next add in sugar and eggs. I use Nellie’s Certified Humane Free Range Eggs because Nellie’s is committed to providing better lives for hens, which means better eggs for you and your family! There is a tremendous amount of time and thought that goes into carefully selecting every recipe ingredient – and choosing the right egg is no exception!! Coming from the first Certified Humane® farm in the country, Nellie’s girls (aka hens) are never caged and have as much, or as little, access to outside as they want. Nellie’s also supports a network of small family farms
Next, add in the flour, salt, vanilla extract and stir! Add in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the brownies start to pull away from the pan.
Let them cool on a wire rack.
Please excuse my husband who had no idea these brownies were not for him.
Now it’s time to make the truffles! Put the brownies in a bowl. I cut the brownie away from the edges. This is perfect for someone who loves the crunchy brownie edges (like me!). And in the bowl, I give the brownies I good fluff with a fork. Then use a cookie scoop to roll out brownie balls.
Let the brownies freeze for 10-15 minutes to hold their shape for the next part. Use chocolate chips and coconut oil to make a chocolate shell. You can get my recipe here. After dipping them in chocolate, add some sprinkles!
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 Nellie's Free Range Eggs
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & grease a baking dish
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a saucepan and set aside.
- In a second pot, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil.
- In a large bowl, mix together cocoa powder and baking soda. Stir in 1/3 cup of melted butter and the boiling water.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and the remaining butter.
- Stir in flour, salt and vanilla extract.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the brownies pull away from the side of the pan.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- After the brownies have cooled, break the brownies up into a bowl. Leave out the crusty sides. Fluff brownies with a fork.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop brownie balls.
- Freeze balls for 10-15 minutes.
- Dip brownie balls into melted chocolate and add sprinkles.
Nellie’s Eggs is offering one of my readers 2 product coupons! Leave a comment below telling us what your favorite holiday treat is and you will be entered to win! Giveaway will end on 12/21/2016 at 11:59p ET. GOOD LUCK! Momma Lew is not responsible for prize fulfillment.