These Brownie Truffles are a fun twist on brownies and make for a delicious holiday chocolate treat for dessert trays and more!
My favorite time of the year is here! Baking season!
My kids (and my husband) are obsessed with my brownie recipe. It’s my go-to for any sort of function or party where they volunteer me to bring a dessert.
This holiday season, I wanted to try something a little bit different. Brownie Truffles! Yum!
How to make Brownie Truffles
First things first, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease your favorite baking dish.
In a bowl, mix together melted butter, boiling water, cocoa, baking soda and stir together.
Next add in sugar and eggs.
Next, add in the flour, salt, vanilla extract and stir!
Add in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the brownies start to pull away from the pan.
Let them cool on a wire rack.
Please excuse my husband who had no idea these brownies were not for him.
Now it’s time to make the truffles! Put the brownies in a bowl. I cut the brownie away from the edges. This is perfect for someone who loves the crunchy brownie edges (like me!). And in the bowl, I give the brownies I good fluff with a fork. Then use a cookie scoop to roll out brownie balls.
Let the brownies freeze for 10-15 minutes to hold their shape for the next part. Use chocolate chips and coconut oil to make a chocolate shell. You can get my recipe here. After dipping them in chocolate, add some sprinkles!
Tips to make these Brownie Truffles perfect
- Use a cookie scoop to make uniformed truffles.
- Discard the crunchy edges of the brownie, they won’t work for this recipe, although they are delicious to eat.
- These truffles can stay in an air tight container for 1 week or up to a month in the freezer.
Don’t forget to pin this Brownie Truffle recipe for later!
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & grease a baking dish
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a saucepan and set aside.
- In a second pot, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil.
- In a large bowl, mix together cocoa powder and baking soda. Stir in 1/3 cup of melted butter and the boiling water.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and the remaining butter.
- Stir in flour, salt and vanilla extract.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the brownies pull away from the side of the pan.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- After the brownies have cooled, break the brownies up into a bowl. Leave out the crusty sides. Fluff brownies with a fork.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop brownie balls.
- Freeze brownie truffles for 10-15 minutes.
- Dip brownie truffles into melted chocolate and add sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.