Last month, my husband’s friend gave him a sample of some homemade granola he made. Since then, we have been on a granola kick! If you have never made homemade granola before, you have to give it a try. Besides being super easy, you really have a lot of control over what goes into it. We have a lot of fun experimenting with different ingredients and flavors too!
How to Make Homemade Granola
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk maple syrup, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, dates, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until the dry ingredients are lightly coated in the mixture.
- Spread the granola into a thin, uniform layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and give the granola a good stir. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes before stirring again. If necessary, return to oven for another 5 minutes or until the oats are golden brown. Do not overcook or the granola may become bitter.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. The granola will become nice and crispy as it cools. Once cooled, serve with Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries or sliced bananas. Enjoy!
Be sure to scroll down to get the full printable recipe!