Service to one’s nation is quite possibly the greatest single accomplishment available to the general man or woman. It is with this in mind that many companies have banded together to make some small contribution to those who’ve served or are serving. The US military discounts below are a small token of appreciation and cover quite a few venues and entertainment events.
Military Discounts for Entertainment Around the US
Discounts to Sporting Events
- Augustine Golf Club – by simply presenting your military issued identification, or even law enforcement ID, you can access their discounted membership rates.
- Arizona Diamondbacks – come and enjoy the baseball games of the titular state at a 50% discount rate on a maximum of 4 tickets; this reprieve is available to all veterans, retirees, active military personnel, reserve, National Guard and police and fire staff (whether they are active or retired). These tickets are restricted to home games that occur on Sundays, and there are a few restrictions – they can’t be combined with other offers.
- Baltimore Orioles – more sports discounts are on tap with a $5 off offer on any ticket purchased by military personnel for themselves or for immediate family members.
Military Personnel Discounts to Movie Theaters
- AMC Theaters – this vast chain of movie theaters has many discounts for military personnel – whether you’re retired, a veteran or active. The list changes too frequently to accurately compile here; be sure to perform an online search for the specific terms of any current discounts at the AMC Theaters near you.
- Blue Star Theaters – just show your valid military identification card and you and your family can tap into any of the multitudes of discounts that are available at any participating Blue Star Theater. This goes for vets, retirees, and active personnel in the United States Military.
- Cinemark Movie Theaters – to get correct information on what Cinemark Movie Theaters offer, call your local office; they certainly do offer discounts to military staff as long as you can present your valid ID at the time of purchase of tickets.
- Fandango – This vendor makes it easy to apply your military discount if you’re either active duty or retired; the discounts available still vary, and you can find them by calling the local office near you. Online, you can navigate to the menu item on their website entitled “Military Discount.”
Museum Discounts for Military Personnel
- Witte Museum – as long as you have a valid military ID and are active or retired personnel (demonstrably), you can receive $1 off museum admission – family included.
- Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and Museum – another museum that offers $1 off admission for military and the dependents of military personnel (active or retired).
- Museum of Modern Art – all tickets can be purchased right at the information desk on the premises; admission is completely free for both active duty military members and their dependents – as long as you have your ID, and they have their official dependent cards.
- McNay Art Museum – offers half off regular admission ticket prices for active duty military.
- Kennedy Space Center – just head to the Visitor Complex Center to activate – using your official military ID – both your 10% discount on all food and merchandise purchased while you’re inside the complex, as well as $4 off the overall admission price.
- Crime Museum – discounted rates for all military personnel – call to find the specific terms.
- Intrepid Museum – there are changing discounts for all active duty and retired military staff. Visit the website or call for more information.
Entertainment Discounts for Military – Family, Solo or Couples
- LEGOLAND Parks – if you’re active military, then you and your dependents are welcome at Florida’s LEGOLAND for one free day, and for the entire season at the Water Park associated with LEGOLAND. The family might be subject to discounted tickets in some cases – not entirely free, but heavily reduced from the regular admission prices.
- Great Wolf Lodge – using the following discount code: HEROES; both military veterans and current personnel are eligible for a 20% discount to the lodge, as well as free water park entry and use. The check-in time for the discount is 1 pm in the afternoon and runs through the last day of your stay.
- Disney World and Disneyland – discounted rates run from $132 to $177 for either option, and applies to National Guard, veterans, active duty staff, retirees, spouses, and reserves. That means up to 3-4 days of discounted prices during your visit, as well as special hotel rates in the area.
- Camelback Mountain – Veterans and active duty military are eligible for a $10 off the ticket to the spot; this includes a maximum of 4 dependents.