Your kitchen is your house’s powerhouse! You will do everything you can to make it highly effective thus translating into a happy family. Right? Then you may want to consider Instant Pot (also known as Instapot).
How to Get Started Using an Instant Pot
*This is a sponsored guest post from coupons.com. All opinions and photos belong to coupons.com
You probably thought you have had all the gadgets you need in your kitchen. You might be tempted to think that any other addition would be a waste of money. But wait a bit! You’ve always thought you are right but interacting with Instapot will prove you wrong. This device is irresistible; it is seven appliances in one and thus will enhance efficiency and make your kitchen simple and organized.
What exactly is an Instant Pot?
This question is fundamental. It is possible that you are still not sure of the accessory’s necessity in your kitchen. Here, we’ll explain simply what it means to own an Instapot and how it functions.
We alluded before that this is indeed a 7 in 1 pressure cooker. This is what we meant; you can use this device as a warmer, a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a pressure cooker, a sauté pan, steamer, or a yogurt maker!
Do you have security fears? Well, this is fathomable especially if you have children in your house. But you shouldn’t worry! The device has more than 10 security measures that guarantee safety during storage as well as when it is in active use.
Some of the most fundamental security measures that you should institute include:
- Always ensure that you use a minimum of one cup of liquid in your pot. This is because this pot uses steam to generate pressure.
- Always ensure that the Instapot lid is tightly closed to avoid been pushed off by the steam
- Always ensure that the handle meant for releasing steam is pointed towards the sealed position before you start cooking.
- Make it a habit to wear apron/ long sleeves for protection. You can purchase this from stores such as the Old Navy and the Children’s Place.
- Don’t open your Instapot until the cooking is complete and all the pressure is released. This is IMPORTANT! You can either use the natural pressure release method or quick pressure release method. If you want the process to be natural, you will just leave the seal in position and wait for approximately 30 minutes. For a quick release, you will slightly turn the release handle to remove the steam quickly. When using this method, you will need to wear a silicon mitt to avoid scalding your hand.
- Do not overfill the pot; the liquid should not go past the 2/3 mark to avoid clogging of vent pipes which would lead to too much pressure.
- If you are cooking food that expands such as rice and beans, do not fill the pot more than half
Ensure that you follow these safety rules. The best thing about it is the fact that the pot is clearly labeled to enable you to handle the operation instructions easily. Follow everything indicated on the pot closely!
What’s with the Accessories?
When you purchase the pot, expect it to have a stainless-steel steam rack with a handle, soup spoon, measuring cup, and rice paddle. In case of a loss, you can still get a high-quality replacement from stores.
The steam rack is a crucial accessory for your pot since it helps in keeping the water out of the food. It is ideal for use when cooking foods such as hard-boiled eggs, potatoes, boiled corns. It holds non-liquid food above your pot’s water level.
You should follow the following steps to get started. Ensure that you read the manufacturer’s manual:
- The Manual Process of Setting Pressure. Here, the Instapot is designed such that you can manually set the cooking pressure. You should use the manual button on the pot to determine the exact time that your meal should cook. Other buttons that you can use to set your pot manually include those of specific foods which guides you through on the ideal temperature, pressure and cooking time for each type.
- Ensure that you only press those buttons that match the food that you want to cook. Also, there are buttons (labeled with + and – together with the parameter). The plus button will increase the given parameter (temperature, pressure, time) while the minus button will reduce these parameters. Press the buttons until you achieve the desired level. Once you are through with the manual set up, you should wait for approximately 10 seconds after which you’ll hear three beeping sounds that signify that the cooking has started.
- You will then allow approximately 10 minutes for the pressure to accumulate which will then signify the actual start of the cooking process.
- Slow Cook. The Instapot is designed with 3 buttons (less, normal, and more). Less signifies warm, normal signifies low and more signifies high. If you are cooking for long, it is possible for the cooker to revert to default settings after 4 hours.
- Adjust. The pot comes with sufficient buttons to make adjustments to what you want on temperature and other parameters that determine the cooking speed.
- Sauté. You will highly utilize this feature if you need precooking services. This is especially so if you are precooking spices to add to your food or in cases when you need to brown your meat. When using this feature, you should ensure that the lid is off at the sauté feature and use the less button to allow mild simmering.
- Keep Warm/ Cancel. Well, you will appreciate that mistakes are common in every endeavor. If you make a mistake when setting the pot, then there are options to reverse. You’ll just need to use the cancel button. Also, you can keep your food at an ideal temperature of about 133 degrees Celsius or as you wish.
- Steam. If you need to steam, you’ll just require to apply the steam button! Use the rack to prevent direct contact with the food.
- Soup. When you press this button, you will keep the pressure appropriate to allow your soup to simmer well.
- Rice. You will use this as an automated button that you should use whenever you are cooking rice. Always ensure that the ratio of rice: water is 1:2!
- Meat/Porridge/Bean/ Chili/ Poultry. When you purchase the pot, it will come with pre-programmed buttons for comfortable cooking.
Are you now set for cooking?
Are you still worried on how to implement the cooking process using Instapot? Well, you can start with simple meals to help you build confidence.
We recommend that you start with foodstuffs like baked potatoes, chicken, rice, or boiled eggs. Just take the first step and purchase this pot to transform your kitchen experience. There are numerous brands to choose from. These pots are readily available in many retail outlets.
Some of the models that you should consider purchasing include:
- IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multifunctional Pressure Cooker
- 6 Qt, IP-DUO80 7-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
- 6Qt, IP-DUO Plus60 9-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
- 6 qt, IP-Smart Bluetooth-Enabled Multifunctional Pressure Cooker
- 8 Qt, Pot Ultra Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
- IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker, 6Qt (updated model)
These brands have similar features and you can choose your best brand for convenience and performance.
Easy Instant Pot Recipes to Try
PIN FOR LATER↓