Banana Nut Waffles with Nutella® hazelnut spread
This post is sponsored by Nutella® but all opinions are my own.
After a long week, there is nothing better than sitting down with my family for a delicious breakfast.
As a busy family, weekday mornings are full of the hustle and bustle of getting everyone out the door. I look forward to weekend mornings when we can sit and linger at the table for as long as we want. I like to keep our weekend schedules as clear as possible in the mornings for just this reason. These Banana Nut Waffles with Nutella® are a family favorite.
One day, my daughter was enjoying a banana with Nutella® and I thought the spread would be perfect on my favorite waffle recipe, since a little bit of Nutella® goes a long way.
Banana Waffles with Nutella® are the perfect way to use up ripe bananas. I normally pick up a bunch on Monday and by the weekend, they are ready to be used. They also freeze well! Just wrap in a piece of parchment paper and pop them into a freezer bag in the freezer. When you are ready to enjoy them, just put them right into the toaster. Then they are ready for some delicious bananas, walnuts and of course our favorite, Nutella® hazelnut spread!
Banana Nut Waffles with Nutella®
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts
- Sliced Bananas
- 4 tablespoons Nutella® hazelnut spread (1 per serving)
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix bananas, eggs, oil, vanilla and milk
- Add wet ingredients into the dry
- Let the batter stand while heating the waffle iron.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray
- Add about ⅓ cup of batter to the waffle iron. Cook until done.
- Top with chopped walnuts, sliced bananas and 1 tablespoon of Nutella® hazelnut
Whether you spread Nutella® on toast, fruit or have it with yogurt, Nutella® is a great way to shake up your routine and bring versatility back to the kitchen. That’s why I started serving it with these waffles.