9 Ways to Protect Your Skin on Winter Skin Relief Day with CeraVe®
My skin is not made for the winter. This cold is doing a number on my skin. The wind has my face red, blotchy and dry. My hands always feel rough and crack. Hardly the way a woman likes to feel!
This post has been sponsored by CeraVe®. All thoughts and reviews are my own.
That’s why this year, I am celebrating Winter Skin Relief Day. Celebrated annually on January 8, Winter Skin Relief Day brings awareness to all the extra attention winter skin needs. The dropping temperatures outside and rising thermostats inside sap the amount of moisture in the air, and our skin is first to notice. As winter kicks into high gear, Winter Skin Relief Day reminds us of all the ways we can protect our skin under the harshest elements.
Some of my favorite ways to get relief from my Winter Skin are:
- While it is freezing out, I don’t shower or wash my hands in hot water. Lukewarm water is best.
- I bundle up outside! I’ve stopped worrying about how I look and never without my hat, over-sized scarf and gloves.
- I drink as much water in the winter, as I do in the summer. Your body craves the hydration.
- I try not to irritate my skin with scratchy fabrics and perfumes and body washes full of chemicals and irritants.
- Right after my shower, I apply moisturizer before I fully dry off.
- I choose an intense, long-lasting moisturizer like CeraVe® Healing Ointment (National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance™). An essential item to your winter skincare routine, CeraVe® Healing Ointment provides your skin with the intense, long-lasting moisturization it craves during the winter time. Combined with a non-greasy gentle formula, CeraVe® Healing Ointment soothes, temporarily protects and helps to relieve dry, chapped and chafed skin caused by the colder air.
- I also use CeraVe® Hydrating Facial Cleanser to cleanse, hydrate and restore and protect my skin. CeraVe® Hydrating Facial Cleanser contains hyaluronic acid to help retain my skin’s natural moisture while removing dirt, oil and makeup.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! I start my day with CeraVe® Skin Renewing Day Cream with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen, which is designed to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- While I get my beauty sleep, my skin is renewed with CeraVe® Skin Renewing Night Cream, which also contains hyaluronic acid, ultimately helping reduce the look of tired skin and supporting skin elasticity.
Developed with dermatologists, CeraVe® is the first and only brand to offer a complete line of advanced skincare products that contain an exclusive combination of ceramides 1, 3 and 6-11. Ceramides are the glue that holds skin cells together, keep moisture in and irritants out while restoring your natural skin. CeraVe® products use patented MVE technology that releases ingredients slowly over 24 hours, allowing them to absorb into the skin to hydrate and nourish, as well as restore and lock in moisture to protect your skin.
On January 8, 2018, don’t forget to celebrate Winter Skin Relief Day and your winter skincare routine by showing your skin a little extra TLC with CeraVe®. Give your skin the relief it deserves from even the harshest winter elements!
Learn more about CeraVe® here.