Making Reindeer Cookies on a Snow Day
We just had our first snow day of the season and regardless of how much I dislike winter, a snow day is always welcomed. There is nothing better than staying home in our pajamas all day, breaking out the snow boots and sleds and doing nothing but relaxing! Especially this time of the year with Christmas right around the corner!
It was the perfect day to make some Christmas cookies, like these Reindeer Cookies! You may also know them as Monster Cookies.
Also known as Monster Cookies, these chewy candy cookies are perfect for Christmas!
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup red & green m&m's
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl mix butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, corn starch, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually, mixing in between each addition.
Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and m&ms.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on the parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges are starting to brown.
Don’t they look so good?