Zucchini Tots with Stouffer’s Family Sized Macaroni & Cheese
While I long for the warm weather, the hectic life that comes with it is hard on our family. I find myself searching for easy dinner ideas that are delicious, quick and nutritious. After a week of just too much take out, I thought there has to be a better way. That’s when I spotted Stouffer’s Family Size Macaroni & Cheese.
Stouffer’s Mac & Cheese recipe includes real, simple ingredients, like freshly made pasta, cheddar cheese, milk and butter. While homemade meals are the “golden standard” for many families, we live in a busy world where whipping up homemade dishes every night can be challenging. Stouffer’s Macaroni & Cheese is an easy solution that you can feel good about feeding your family.
We know that everyone wants to eat better but needs inspiration and simple solutions to choose from so they can make it a reality more often. To build a balanced meal, use frozen prepared foods as your base and pair with an easy-to-make side dish made of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and/or low-fat dairy. These Zucchini Tots are made with just 5 ingredients and the star is nutritious zucchini!
- 1 1/2 medium zucchini shredded
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup pamesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Shread zucchini into a mesh colander with a towel underneath. I like to use a cheese grater.
- Squeeze out excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Shape 1 tbsp mix into a tater tot like shape.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake tots for 20 minutes.
- Bottoms should be browned.
- Flip tots over and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
One of my favorite reasons why I love these tots is that they come together so fast. You can also make them ahead of time and freeze them! Just let them cool off after you bake them and freeze on a baking sheet. When they are frozen, place into a freezer bag and then bake them as needed.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.