Spring Chick Cupcakes
Spring is in full swing. The flowers are blooming and our local hardware store has baby chicks for sale. As much as we would love to buy our kiddos those cute little fluffy chicks, it’s just not something I’m willing to take on. To celebrate Spring and a nod to those cute baby chicks we’ve created Spring Chick Cupcakes. Got a potluck Easter party to go to? Kids having a class party? Just want to bake up some cute treats? These Spring Chick Cupcakes are easy to make and yummy to eat!
Favorite cupcakes, store bought or homemade
Favorite frosting, store bought or homemade
yellow sugar sprinkles
orange candy slices
orange decorating gel
1. Bake your favorite cupcake recipe. Sometimes, when I’m cooking for a crowd I use a simple box mix to save time for the fun decorating I’m going to do. Mine are just plain vanilla this time. You could even get plain cupcakes at your store and decorate them as chicks at home!
2. Frost with your favorite frosting. Same thing as with the cake, when I’m baking for a crowd, I often make a simple cream cheese frosting or a can of frosting if I’m in a pinch for time.
3. Pour your yellow sugar sprinkles into a shallow bowl. Dip your cupcake, frosting side down, into the sprinkles, rolling it slightly to cover all the frosting with sprinkles.
4. Cut the wedges from the orange gummy candies. This will create a small triangle shape. Push down your wedge of orange gummy into the center of your cupcake to be the beak.
5. Add 2 milk chocolate chips as eyes and draw chicken-y stick legs with the orange decorating gel.
Aren’t they too cute! These Spring Chick Cupcakes would make a cute activity for a Spring party too! Kiddos love topping cupcakes and making cute faces!
Think these are cute?
Find these other fun Easter ideas: