I just love serving these Brown Sugar Baked Carrots on my table. They are an easy and delicious side dish to any meal! For years, they were a staple on our Easter dinner table, then Thanksgiving. Finally, I thought why do I limit this recipe just holidays!?
My favorite way to make these carrots is when I can get the carrots fresh at a local farmer’s market. However, we always have carrots in the fridge.
Brown Sugar Baked Carrots
Although I am serving them in a cast iron pan, a sheet pan is just fine! I lay the carrots over a piece of parchment paper and then toss them in the cinnamon, brown sugar and butter. The butter and sugar caramelize the carrots and boy is it delicious!
I assure you, this is the perfect vegetable side dish for your kids who despise veggies!
Some of our favorite recipes to serve these Brown Sugar Baked Carrots with:
- 10 Carrots, peeled and then cut in half OR 2 dozen baby carrots.
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Put the carrots down and then sprinkle them with salt, pepper, cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix them up.
- Sprinkle the diced butter around the sheet pan on top of the carrots.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through. About half way through, mix the carrots up to ensure even baking.
- Pour any leftover butter on top of the carrots in your serving platter.
My other favorite way to use carrots, especially at Easter? In Carrot Cake!