Leprechaun Hat Headband Craft
Hailing from Savannah, Georgia, one of my favorite holidays is almost here – St. Patrick’s Day! It’s big in Savannah and we love embracing it. It’s our favorite time of the year to show off your Irish roots, even if you aren’t really Irish. Everyone will be shouting “Kiss me I’m Irish!” and pinching people who aren’t wearing green (for luck of course). Let’s go on the hunt for some four leaf clovers and that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Stir up a little leprechaun mischief and serve up some Irish food!
We are going to have fun with the kids pretending to be Irish on St. Patty’s Day. A good irishman (or woman) needs a good Irish hat and what is more fun than creating a cute little Leprechaun Hat Headband to wear for St. Patrick’s Day.
– green paper cup
– black strip of paper
– rectangle piece of yellow paper
– pipe cleaners – green and/or gold
– plain headband
– hot glue and scissors
1. Using the cup as a guide, trace a circle on the back of your glitter card stock, making it slightly bigger than the cup. Cut out the circle and hot glue your cup to the glitter side of it. This is the brim of your hat.
2. Make a band on your hat by gluing on a black strip of paper and yellow “buckle” you’ve created out of your rectangle of paper.
3. Next, let’s create some cute pipe cleaner clovers! Loop the end of the pipe cleaner around your finger. Twist another loop across from your first loop like a bow. Continue making loops around your finger until you have 4 loops. Twist the remainder of the pipe cleaner down to be your clover stem.
4. Once you’ve made a few clovers, stick them into the band of your hat and secure them with a bit of hot glue.
5. Lastly, using hot glue, glue your hat to your headband. Let it dry and you’re done!
Now you have a cute leprechaun hat headband to wear with pride this St. Patty’s Day! Will you be hunting for leprechauns and four leaf clovers? We will!
This post is by Catherine Murton – Contributor
Kid and Kin
Kid and Kin