Perfect Guacamole Recipe
A few weeks ago, we walked into Aldi and they had avocados on a daily special for 30 cents. YES – 30 cents. So naturally, we bought as many as we could without feeling like weirdos for buying ALL.THE.AVOCADOS! We made our favorite salmon dish – Citrus & Avocado Salmon, followed by bowls and bowls of guacamole!
Photo via my Mini Chef, 5 year old Julia:
So, our guacamole recipe is inspired by Alton Brown’s recipe and since Alton Brown pretty much is right on about everything, you can’t go wrong.
Start with 3 ripe avocados.
Mash em up!
Mix in 2 diced tomatoes.
Next mix in the juice of 1 lime, 1/2 medium onion diced, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cumin and 1 tbsp of fresh cilantro.
and then DIP!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Chicken Quesadillas // Courtney’s Sweets
- Perfect Guacamole Recipe // Momma Lew
- Patriotic Pudding Cookies // Finding Zest
- Caramel Banana Ice Cream // We’re Parents
- Korean Tacos Crockpot Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Minnie’s Cucumber Salad // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Make Your Own Trail Mix // Vegging at the Shore
- Ice Cream Making with Kids // O’Boy! Organic
- Razzmatazz Iced Lemonade // My Mini Adventurer