I’m excited to introduce you today to a wonderfully helpful app, OurPact. All opinions are my own.
I have always been a huge fan of my children using today’s technology. However, there comes a point where you do have to say enough. I know as a grown adult, I often am in need of a screen time break. It’s so easy for us as parents to hand the kids an iPad or phone so we can eat dinner peacefully or get some much needed tasks done.
Unfortunately, it’s no easy feat to get the kids to put the screens down. So how can you limited screen time without tantrums and fighting?
5 Ways to Limit Screen Time
- Keep them busy! I often find that my kids are wanting to go on electronic devices out of boredom. Break out the books, coloring and craft activities and board games.
- Go outside or get out of the house! Spend a day as a family exploring a new location, taking a walk, going to the playground or throwing a ball around.
- Get off of YOUR devices. I’ll be honest here. My biggest pet peeve? Parents on their phones while they are out with their kids or even when they pick their kids up from school. While watching your kids on the swings can seem boring to YOU, your child is proud of themselves and wants you to see and be proud of them too! Each minute your child or yourself is on the screen, it is taking away from time you can be spending together.
- Have the kids pick popsicle sticks, tokens or tickets out of a jar with a time limit on an activity. For example: 30 minutes of time on the phone, 30 minutes watching TV, etc.
- Use an app like OurPact parental control.
OurPact is the best parental control app to monitor how long your kids have been on their devices. One of my favorite features of the OurPact app is the scheduling option. My two kids are always fighting over screen time and with this feature it is not an issue.
My children also don’t really understand the dangers of the internet and OurPact helps my family discuss cyber bullying and explicit content (which is much easier to find them one would think).
You can download the OurPact app now for free on iTunes!