Early Learning Fun with the LeapFrog Platinum
As a LeapFrog Mom Ambassador, we recently had the chance to be one of the first to experience the LeapFrog Platinum and the new LeapFrog Imagicards! The first campaign of the ambassador program had a strong emphasis on early reading since it came right around Back to School.
The LeapFrog Platinum has been a favorite in our home since coming out of the box. There is nothing better for me as a mom than to see my children engaged in technology that is not only fun, but completely educational based, plus easy to use for them to be independent. Both my 7 year old and my 4 year old are using the LeapFrog Platinum and both enjoy it equally.
A bit about the LeapFrog Platinum:
- 7″ hi-res multi-touch capacitive shatter-proof screen, wrap-around bumper for durability and a fast processor for speed.
- Geared towards ages 3-9,
- Learning library of over 1,000 games and apps that have been designed or approved by LeapFrog educators.
- Features Just For Me Learning technology, meaning it automatically adjusts learning levels.
- The Kid-Safe WiFi allows your child to browse age-appropriate content picked by LeapFrog learning experts & mom and dad.
- My kids love to take pictures and videos with the 2 cameras and a video recorder.
- Your child can play with a friend with peer-to-peer enabling.
Your LeapFrog Platinum includes:
- 8GB Memory for up to 40,000 photos (if your child is anything like my daughter that memory is going to get filled up FAST with photos haha!) or 100+ game apps.
- 2 cameras and a video recorder,
- 10 apps: Music Player Plus 10 Songs, Pet Pad Party, Pet Chat, Photo Fun Ultra, 5 Utility Apps and a choice of 1 app download.
The LeapFrog Imagicards are available to purchase additionally and are the first of it’s kind to bring a digital and physical learning experience together .
How do Imagicards Work?
I love these Imagicards (and so do the kids). While you may not realize it, the process of taking a photo is quite a skill for a small child! With the LeapFrog Imagicards, your child will use the LeapFrog Platinum’s camera to take a photo, bringing characters on the Imagicards into the game to unlock additional game play.
The Imagicards come in a tins to store your 30+ cards, as well as a play mat for card sorting. The cards are stored digitally in the game, which is genius for on-the-go fun!
Right now, the LeapFrog Imagicards that are available are: Paw Patrol (ages 3-5; number recognition, counting, shapes, patterns, addition, subtraction), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (ages 5-8; addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, number composition) and LeapFrog Letter Carnival (ages 4-7; phonics, spelling, consonants, word sounds, sight words).
Final Thoughts on the LeapFrog Platinum:
I really think that the LeapFrog Platinum will be a great addition to Holiday Wish Lists. Rarely do I find a product like this on the market that truly encompasses everything a parent and child equally wants. The LeapFrog Platinum has been holding hours of fun and that equates to hours of learning. I love that while they are playing, I never have to purchase an additional game because of boredom. I have never experienced that in a learning tablet before. Also, if you have a LeapFrog account, games that you have downloaded on previous devices will sync and show up in your LeapFrog Platinum. The battery life is extensive as well!
Another fun product in the September Campaign was the LeapFrog Word Whammer.
Just released this past Summer 2015, the LeapFrog Word Whammer is for children ages 4+ to get them ready for Kindergarten. There are 3 fun games and 5 learning levels that adapt as your child progresses. Your child will spin, push, and twist the Word Whammer to build over 100 words, identify letters and enhance their phonics skills.
As a LeapFrog Mom Ambassador, I receive products, promotional items and educational material to use and share as I see fit. However, any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.