I received free products in order to host the National Mom’s Nite Out Party. The opinions expressed here are my own.
National Mom’s Nite Out Party Recap
This past week, I had the pleasure of having some of my best mom friends over for a National Mom’s Nite Out Party – #NMNO15. It was special because as mom’s we never get to spend time with our friends and relax. It’s something we are always talking about and even sometimes make plans that have to be cancelled at last minute. After all, the kids always come first. #NMNO15 gave us a reason to get together and unwind!
Activities for the night included:
We also got to unbox the special National Mom’s Nite Out GLOSSYBOX! GLOSSYBOX is a great monthly beauty subscription box. For just $21/month, you receive five deluxe-sized beauty products delivered right to your door!
Honestly, MyPrintly and National Mom’s Nite Out had some other great games and printables for us to have fun with, but we just were enjoying chatting that time ran out!
Of course, National Mom’s Nite Out wouldn’t be complete without some good eats!
Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Combine wine, eggs, oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt, baking powder in a separate bowl. Beat the dry ingredients into the wine mixture until the two are well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners about half way and bake at 350 degrees for about 18-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack completely before frosting.
- For frosting:
- Beat the butter until fluffy. Add red wine and vanilla extract to combine with the butter. Gradually add all of the powdered sugar to combine.
A few months ago my friend Larisha from We’re Parents had a get together at her house and made this Orange Dream Fruit Dip. I have been dreaming about it since that day and it has become my new favorite thing to make for parties.
And no National Mom’s Nite Out is complete without some good drinks!
- 1 oz. Mango Rum
- 1 oz. Coconut Rum
- 1 oz banana schnapps
- 1 oz whipped or vanilla vodka
- 2 oz. orange juice
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- Grenadine Syrup
In a shaker with ice, combine your ingredients, except the grenadine. Shake and strain into a glass, pour in a tablespoon or so of grenandine. Enjoy!
Each of my mom friends went home with a great gift bag of Party Favors including:
- HP Photo Card Packs
- MyPrintly Candy Favors
- Entenmann’s Little Bites snacks
- Bicycle Cocktail Party playing cards
- Zipz Wine
- Happy Family and more!