Gluten Free Carrot Cake Recipe
Carrot cake and Easter go hand-in-hand for me. Well, let’s be honest…I could eat Carrot Cake any time of the year. It’s my favorite! Especially with homemade cream cheese frosting! I love serving this moist spice cake on Easter Sunday.
Lucky for me, my recipe was very easy to convert to gluten-free! I remember I became obsessed with carrot cake years ago when I was working at the Alumni Club at my college – Rutgers University. I just couldn’t keep my fork away from this cake! It was something magical! I don’t care for the traditional additions like raisins or nuts in my carrot cake, so this recipe is simple as can be.
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour Or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp xantham gum If gluten-free, omit otherwise
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups shredded carrots or 5 medium sized
- Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat oil, sugar and eggs together until blended.
- Add remaining ingredients except for carrots. Mix.
- Add carrots and mix together.
- Prepare 2 round cake pans with non-stick spray or butter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before removing from the cake pans.
- Cool an additional 1 hour before frosting.
Get the Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe here!
#AllThingsEaster 2015 Round Up
Fun Easter Treats
Coconut Macaroon Egg Nests from The Farm Girl Gabs
Egg Shaped Marshmallow Krispie Treats from Souffle Bombay
Sunflower Butter Chocolate Easter Eggs from Courtney’s Sweets
Peeps S’mores from Can’t Google Everything
Easter Bunny Chow from Girl Gone Mom
Italian Easter Bread from A Grande Life
Delicious Easter Desserts
Strawberry Lemon Cake from A Turtles Life For Me
Carrot Poke Cake from It Is A Keeper
Italian Easter Pies: One sweet, one savory from Teaspoon of Spice
Gluten Free Carrot Cake with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting from Momma Lew
White Chocolate Strawberry Cake Roll with Homemade Fudge Drizzle from We’re Parents!?
Black Beans and Coconut Tarts – Frejon from Afropolitan Mom
Deviled Eggs & Ham Breakfast Sandwich from The Good Mama
Fun for Kids
10 Brain Boosting Egg Hunt Ideas (Without the Candy) from Mommy University
Tie Dyed Easter Eggs from 4 Hats And Frugal