Over the summer, I was introduced to Angry Orchard hard cider. My particular favorite flavor is the Green Apple. Since I had my first sip, I just knew there was something I could do with it besides drink it! I was making a hearty Split Pea Soup the other night and I had a light bulb moment when I opened my fridge and remembered the 6-pack of Angry Orchard we had. If you enjoy beer bread, but like myself can no longer enjoy since eating gluten-free, you need to try this angry orchard bread!
This recipe couldn’t be any easier either. No eggs and just five minutes to prepare before popping into the oven. Want a different flavor? Substitute the cheese. Think cheddar, chipotle, the possibilities are endless. No onion powder? Try chives! Dice up the bread for dipping in cheese sauce, dips or slice for soups and maybe even a sandwich!
Angry Orchard Bread
- 2 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour or Gluten-Free substitution + 1 1/2 tsp of xantham gum if using gluten-free flour,
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 12 oz. bottle of Angry Orchard Hard Apple Cider
- 6 oz. + 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or any other cheese of your choosing,
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour (and xantham gum if using), sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add Angry Orchard and mix ingredients together.
- Mix in cheese and onion powder.
- Spread mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Brush the top with the melted butter.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the loaf clean.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes before removing and letting cool on a wire rack.
Creating gluten-free bread recipes has been a challenge for me. This angry orchard bread was so easy and I know will become a quick hit at parties and get togethers from here on out!