The FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System
Hi! I’m Reesa and I am a mason jar addict.
About 7 or 8 years ago, we got the awesome idea to go raspberry picking. We picked tons and tons and I couldn’t wait to get them back into my kitchen to try my hand at “canning”. After all, that IS the main function of mason jars, no?
After hours and hours of a big mess and exhaustion, my jam was more like raspberry syrup.
The next year, we regroup and thought about what we did wrong. Off we went to pick more raspberries and again, hours later we had….wait for it….more raspberry syrup.
I’ve had a few more failed canning attempts over the years, even a few successes. But, this year? Ball Canning made my canning adventures easier than ever. How? With the FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System:
Being how new technology and canning stresses me out, I was nervous about this! The directions were clear cut and right after a quick rinse, the FreshTech was ready to go! The FreshTech truly takes any and all of the guesswork out of canning. After my failed attempts with traditional canning methods, it was mind blowing that a machine like this could do all of that for me. Using SmartPRESERVE technology, the FreshTech automatically senses and monitors time and temperature for each recipe. After using the machine just one time, I was ready to keep going!
Sanitize your jars, wash your lids in hot & soapy water, preheat your jars in the FreshTech, Take a jar out when you are ready to fill!
Features of the FreshTech:
- Pre-Heats your jars — Takes a quick 12 minutes. Leave your jars in the canning system until you are ready.
- The Home Canning System comes with the Jar Lifter, Jar Rack and a removable Inner Pot that is all dishwasher safe.
- Includes a Recipe Book that has over 26 canning recipes from Jams & Preserves, to Tomatoes and Pickles, as well as some great meal inspirations for your canning recipes!
- Each recipe takes up to 30% faster – Canning is no longer an all day process! I was able to can jam in under an hour!
- Pre-programmed food & recipe buttons takes all of the confusing guesswork out of canning.
- Operates on any flat surface that is near an outlet
- Holds 6 half pints, 4 pints or 3 quarts in one batch — just be sure to change the water after each new recipe.
- Keeps food shelf stable for up to 1 year!
After making canned peaches and peach jam, I was besides myself that I finally GOT IT RIGHT!
Aren’t the NEW Ball Limited Edition Spring Green Heritage Collection Jars beautiful? 2013 was the 100th Anniversary of the Ball Canning jars and are limited edition. They are being produced only in 2014 and come in pint and quart varieties.
Follow Ball Canning on Facebook
On Twitter & Instagram: @BallCanning
Saturday August 16th is International Can It Forward Day! Find out how 25 Farmer’s Markets around the country are coming together for some great demos + win my Canning Discovery Giveaway HERE!