The Gluten & Allergen Free Expo: 5 Reasons You Should Go!
A year and a half ago, I did my first Whole30 and discovered my fears were true: I couldn’t eat gluten. Do I miss the pain, stomach aches and never ending brain fog? No! Do I miss the freedom, yes. It isn’t easy, especially when I am the only gluten-free person in my household. Most restaurants and events haven’t caught on and I have to spend more than double on my food at the grocery store.
The Gluten & Allergen Free Expo is coming to 7 cities in the US this year and welcomes people with gluten sensitivities, auto-immune/inflammatory diseases and autism.
- Meet more than 150 of your favorite Gluten & Allergen Free vendors!
- Get valuable coupons at each vendor – we all know how hard these are to come by!
- Try samples from the vendors – Can you picture it? You will be able to actually eat something without scrutinizingP the ingredients, asking embarrassing questions or passing on that yummy looking treat.
- Purchase your favorite products at a discount,
- Attend informative classes and workshops to learn more about your lifestyle,
- Receive a free reusable bag to carry all of the SWAG you will go home with!
Last fall, I saw the Expo was coming to New Jersey. I couldn’t attend, but I vowed to be able to go next year. Thankfully, “next year” is here and I am on my!
My very good friend, Sarah was able to attend last year and really enjoyed herself! Here are her thoughts:
- The number of new products from ‘mainstream’ companies. The little ‘mom and pops’ were nice to see but I really liked the big names!
- The samples were plentiful which was great AND every table had a sign out showing what allergens they had at the table – nuts, coconuts, peanuts – so you coils taste safely.
- The number of beer tables was huge. Thanks to the big tasting cups, I left feeling buzzed.
- Be prepared to carry lots of samples and flyers/cards.
- I recommend in terms of buying items to go through the whole thing, take notes, and then go back.
Who is sponsoring this event, so you have an idea of who to expect?
- UDI’s ,
- Shop Rite,
- Sun Butter,
- Bakery on Main,
- Enjoy Life,
- SO Delicious,
- and many more! Like I said over a 150 vendors!
Purchase your tickets HERE to automatically receive 20% off your tickets!