Young children today are at such an advantage with the advancements of technology. I didn’t learn what a computer was until I was about 8 years old and we didn’t even have a computer in our home until I went away to college in the year 2000. The fact that both of my children are able to navigate through child-friendly computer programs and even know how to use the mouse, truly blows me away.
Their favorite website lately is Miss Humblebees Academy. Miss Humblebees Academy is an interactive online kindergarten prep program. Both of my children, ages 3 and 5, are loving the program and I am too! Let me tell you why!
- Miss Humblebee’s is play-based and interactive – making it fun for young children. It’s no secret that when something is fun, kids want to continue doing it. Of course, practice makes perfect and that helps keep your child motivated and confident!
- The sound cues are easy to hear and understand. The voice is clear, articulate and soft-toned. The different navigation areas are all sound cued. There is nothing more frustrating for a child who doesn’t know how to read yet, then not knowing what something is.
- There are over 700 lessons in subjects that include: math, science, reading, literacy, art and music. The subject matter in Miss Humblebees is completely unique to anything else my children have ever used. Doing new things is so important. My 5 year old son loves to learn about science and the human body. He really enjoys the Human Body lessons that Miss Humblebees has to offer!
- When your child completes a lesson they receive coins! Coins can be redeemed in the store where they can use their coins to “buy” items for their fish tank!
- Many lessons come with printable worksheets, so there can be hands-on reinforcement as well. Plus, there is a whole section of just printables — coloring sheets, handwriting worksheets, math practice sheets and numbers.
- Progress reports are emailed to your email or you can go to the Progress Reports section to keep tabs on what your child is currently working on and see where they made need to do a little extra work.
- Play with Miss Humblebees on either your home computer or a tablet. The website is completely child friendly with no pop-ups, ads, or links to other websites.
- Your child will work on Standard Common Core curriculum, through a guided step-by-step progression. Or if you choose, your child can work by choosing lessons on their own.