Welcome to the Back to School Blast!
Getting your family prepared to head back to school, can be difficult especially after a long, fun-filled summer. Here are a few of our favorite Back to School Tips to help you along the way.
1. Back-to-School Supplies Checklist – Backpack? Check. Pencils? Check. Safety scissors? Not Yet. Use the same checklist each time you head out to grab supplies, to keep track of what you have already purchased and the things you still need to. These are also handy if you have more than one child. Simply print 2, 3, 4 list and add their name to the top.
2. Buy School Supplies on Sale at the end of last year – Supplies can get expensive, especially with multiple children! A few weeks after school has started, stores like Wal-Mart and Target put all of their school supplies on deep clearance. Usually around then I like to stock up on things like glue, construction paper, markers, etc. to restock out craft supplies too.
3. Practice – After a summer of sleeping in, it can be hard to get your children back on an early schedule. Practice going to bed early and waking up early, starting about a week ahead of time, so that everyone can get used to the new schedule.
4. Be money savvy – If you have a child going off to college for the first time, make sure they understand things like how to budget their money, staying out of credit card debt and being protective of their identity!
5. Get involved – Attend functions at the school, where you and your children can meet their new classmates, teachers and school administration. Familiar faces will make transitions much easier on the first day!
The Back to School Blast was organized by Mom Powered Media.
Please take a moment to also visit our lovely co-hosts, whom without them great things such as these would not be possible: My Vegan Gluten-Free Life, Plum Crazy About Coupons, Capri’s Coupons, Downshifting – Your Family, Your Home, Your Life, Jack of all trades, Master of Mom™, Quick Tattletails, Mew Review and Iowa Mom.
One lucky winner will receive a $1,000 Visa Gift Card!
Giveaway ends August 15th at 11:59pm, open worldwide, ages 18+. If the winner resides outside of the US, they will receive Paypal cash. To enter please use the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck.
Disclosure: Momma Lew’s Blog is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment. Please contact email@example.com with questions or to see your business or blog featured on the next big event!