Put these underrated, overlooked Magic Kingdom Rides on your agenda or you’ll miss out on some serious Disney magic!
10 Overlooked Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions
The Magic Kingdom has always been my favorite Walt Disney World theme park. There is something about it that makes me feel like a kid from the moment I arrive until the moment I leave. There is plenty to love about this park including all those popular rides we all rush to get fastpasses for. But what about the overlooked rides? Do they contain any less Disney magic? The answer is NO! Every single Disney attraction has its own degree of charm in my opinion. And there are some that simply don’t get the attention they deserve.
On that note, I’m going to share ten of my favorite overlooked Magic Kingdom rides and attractions with you today. Go in with an open mind and I just bet you’ll be adding them to your don’t miss list stat!
Don’t Miss Overlooked Magic Kingdom Rides
1. Carousel of Progress – Hint, it’s air conditioned. Sure, it’s not as slick as some of the new rides, but it delivers a healthy dose of nostalgia and the opportunity to rest out of the heat!
2. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse – You don’t want to tackle this one if climbing is an issue, but if you’re fine with some stairs, this attraction is going to make you want to watch the movie again I guarantee!
3. Tomorrowland Peoplemover – I love riding this one at night. You get to see Tomorrowland all lit up, and again, it’s a chance to put your feet up!
4. Tom Sawyer Island – This is great to take the kids to so they can run it out. By the time you reach your car or hotel room, you won’t have to worry about those dreaded second winds. Haha!
5. Walt Disney World Railroad – You’re going to notice a theme here, but you do a LOT of walking at the Magic Kingdom. Take advantage of the rides like that this that give you a good rest.
6. Liberty Square Riverboat – This is a super one to ride if you’re a seasoned Disney pro. You’ll see parts of the park you don’t typically get to see.
7. Country Bear Jamboree – Again, this attraction has been around forever, but that’s part of its charm. My kids laugh out loud every single time we watch the “show,” and so do I!
8. Mickey’s PhilHarmagic – My family absolutely loves its special effects and they love that we rarely have to wait in line for it even more!
9. Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room – Get ready for knee-slapping funny tropical birds and a Polynesian flair!
10. Hall of Presidents – Ok, I may have taken a nap during this one a time or two. Don’t judge me. You too might be soothed to sleep listening to our country’s history.
And of course, don’t forget to stay for the fireworks! Check out my article on the best places to watch the fireworks in Magic Kingdom!
And there you have it, my top ten overlooked Magic Kingdom rides. Don’t forget to add them to your game plan the next time you visit Walt Disney World!