If you can sneak away for a fall break, head to Walt Disney World. There are so many fun things to do at Magic Kingdom in the fall. Read on for ten of them!
10 Fun Things to Do at Magic Kingdom in the Fall
It you asked me what the best time of year to visit the Magic Kingdom is, it would be hard for me to make a call. Walt Disney World is beyond magical all year long. That being said, the Magic Kingdom in the fall is pretty darn fabulous. So, that might be my final decision. It could be because I pretty much love all things pumpkin, so I’m already in a good mood on a fall day. But there is also something about that particular season that is so festive and just begs to be celebrated. And boy does Disney do just that. So, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite fun things to do at Magic Kingdom in the fall so you can make your travel plans accordingly!
My Favorite Fun Things to Do at Magic Kingdom in the Fall
1. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – This is my absolute favorite special event of any theme park, any time of the year. It is not to be missed! Special shows, costumes, trick-or-treating, I could go on and on. Dates start in August, so they give you plenty of time to fit this don’t-miss party into your schedule! Plus, if you go earlier in the season, you’ll save money.
2. Take in the Boo-to-You Halloween Parade – And like the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, I think this is the best parade! I’ve always been a Disney villians girl, so if you’re cut from the same cloth, this is for you. And the Headless Horseman opens the parade! Score!
3. Hocus Pocus Villains Spectacular – I literally wait anxiously for this show all year and if all the other incredible thrills that the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party offers weren’t there, I would still go…just…for…this! *If you’ve never seen the movie, make sure your family watches it ahead of time!
4. Fall fireworks – Also, at the Not-So-Scary Halloween party you’ll find a second-to-none fireworks display. AND their debuting a brand new fireworks spectacular this year. Trust me. If Disney does anything right, it’s fireworks!
5. Take a seasonal treats tour – Walt Disney World is famous for their treats and they don’t disappoint with their seasonal offerings. The candy / caramel apples are binge worthy all the time, but their Halloween themed goodies are nosh AND Insta worthy.
6. Check out the decorations – Disney doesn’t do anything small, and while it might be warm out, you’ll feel like you stopped by a fall festival on a crisp Autumn day thanks to all the incredible decorations. Get ready for pumpkins and scarecrows galore!
7. Drink a pumpkin spice latte while strolling down Main Street. Ok, I know you can hit up the ‘bucks in your neck of the words for a PSL, but you’ll never have a more magical experience than drinking one while taking in the fall sights at the Magic Kingdom!
8. Pick up some seasonal merch – Whether Minnie ears, light up necklaces (pumpkin style) or a fall-ready coffee mug strike your fancy, there are plenty of fun fall merch options to choose from. My kids still play with their light up pumpkin necklaces years later!
9. Start celebrating the holiday season early – Christmas decorations go up in early November, so if you can swing it, plan to visit in early AND late fall for the best of both worlds!
10. Go on Thanksgiving – I’ve spent quite a few holidays at Magic Kingdom and Thanksgiving is one of the best. Now I will say that it’s very crowded, but there’s plenty of good to outweigh the bad. The holiday decorations alone do it for me. And there’s the not having to cook thing. Haha!
If you haven’t been to Walt Disney World in Autumn yet, I hope all of these fun things to do at Magic Kingdom in fall have inspired you to change that!