White Chocolate & Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
The Eggland’s Best information, coupons, gift card, and additional gift pack have been provided by Eggland’s Best.
These white chocolate and cherry oatmeal cookies are my family’s favorite cookies.
We’ve been baking them for about a decade now. Sometimes we change them up with craisins instead of dried cherries.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the oats, cherries and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop out dough about the size of 2 tbsp onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Store in an air tight container.
In my recipes, I prefer to use Eggland’s Best Eggs. Eggland’s Best Eggs contain five times more vitamin D, 25 percent less saturated fat, more than double the Omega-3s, ten times more vitamin E, and three times more vitamin B12. Eggland’s Best’s superior nutrition is due to its proprietary all-vegetarian hen feed that contains healthy grains, canola oil and a wholesome supplement of rice bran, alfalfa, sea kelp and Vitamin E. In addition, independent testing has revealed that Eggland’s Best eggs have stronger shells than ordinary eggs, which leads to less breakage and helps them stay fresher longer than ordinary eggs.
Eggland’s Best is searching for the most passionate egg fan, who also happens to have an eye for taking beautiful photos of their delicious Eggland’s Best dishes in the 2017 Eggland’s Best “Foodtography” Contest! Show us how you celebrate the only egg that provides better taste, better nutrition and better quality for the past 25 years! Submit your Eggland’s Best foodie photos by April 12, 2017 for a chance to win $5,000! All dish creations must include at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs.
Visit www.egglandsbest.com/foodtography from February 16th to April 12th, 2017 and submit two mouthwatering foodie photos of your dish that includes at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs into one of four categories mentioned below. You may submit up to two photos in each of the four categories: Brunch, Appetizer, Main course, and Dessert.
– (1) Grand Prize Winner: $5,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
– (4) Finalist Winners: $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
– (20) Semi-finalist Winners: A year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
You can visit the Eggland’s Best website to find more information and official rules about the 2017 Eggland’s Best Foodtography Contest: http://www.egglandsbest.com/foodtography
One lucky reader can win a $25 Visa gift card and one (1) coupon, valid for a free carton of Eggland’s Best eggs in this giveaway! Giveaway will end on 3/20/17, 11:59p ET. U.S. residents only, no P.O. boxes. Enter through the giveaway tool below. Good luck!