Original Rice Krispies Treats
If you could believe it, this was the first time I ever made Rice Krispies treats! Apparently, my daughter has been enjoying them at snack time at preschool and I had no idea she loved them! I thought they were pretty pricey in the store, so I figured it was the perfect recipe to do for Mini Chef Mondays!
I had no idea they were so easy to make too! Butter, Mini Marshmallows & Rice Krispies – three ingredients and DONE!
- 5 tbsp butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- Melt butter in a large stock pot
- Add marshmallows and stir until they have melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in rice krispies and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Line a 9x9 baking pan or casserole dish with parchment paper or tin foil sprayed with non stick spray.
- Pour rice krispie mixture into the pan and press to make the mixture even.
- Let cool.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares.
I wrapped the rice krispies treat squares in plastic wrap individually so they were perfect for lunch boxes or after school treats!
- Healthy Mac and Cheese Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Original Rice Krispies Treats // Momma Lew
- Chocolate Dipped Sundae Marshmallows // Baby Loving Mama
- Homemade Chicken Meatballs // We’re Parents
- Mini Pizza Pot Pies // Frugal Novice
- Alphabet Snack H is for Hippo // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Peep S’Mores Bites // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Teach Your Kids to Cook THIS Spring Break // Step Stool Chef
- Easy to Make Hamantaschen // Vegging at the Shore
- Turn Recipes into Memories with a Keepsake Cookbook // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Whole Wheat Pretzel Bites // O’Boy! Organic
- Carrot Cake Dip with Easter Bunny Chips // Can’t Google Everything
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started and how to link up!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate, link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.