Nutella Banana Bread
Last week, my daughter accompanied me to a bloggers’ social I hosted at Mrs. G’s TV & Appliances with the New Jersey Blogger Network. Local bakery, The Gingered Peach, baked us some delicious Banana Cake. I swear my daughter ate most of it. I had no idea she even liked anything banana flavored! When I got home, I realized I had some ripe bananas and I told her we can make some of our own banana bread.
So, we got to work!
In the kitchen, my mini chef loves to crack the eggs. I love see her face when she accomplishes it!
I’m really proud at how far my mini chef has come since we started this series. Like now being able to pour the batter! Now, this is no ordinary banana bread. I don’t often buy Nutella. We adore it. But the issue is we tend to just keep eating and eating it! Plus, it’s been kind of expensive! This week, it was on sale and a I had a digital coupon, so we splurged. So, what if we combined the jar of Nutella WITH the banana bread?! Genius!
You guys guessed banana bread yesterday, but there’s a secret ingredient! A video posted by Reesa (@mommalewsblog) on
Nutella Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup nutella
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan with non stick spray
Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl
In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix in. Add vanilla, milk and bananas. Mix until well combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
In a small bowl, microwave nutella for 15-30 seconds and stir.
Add the banana bread batter to the loaf pan.
Top with melted nutella and swirl with a knife.
Bake about 1 hour until a toothpick comes out clean.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started and how to link up!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate, link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Best Oatmeal Recipe for Kids // Courtney’s Sweets
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders // Baby Loving Mama
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup // We’re Parents
- Super Soft Double Chocolate Chip Cookies // Frugal Novice
- Homemade Silly Putty Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Chocolate Covered Irish Potatoes // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Taco Buddies // Step Stool Chef
- Blueberry and Goat Cheese Scones // Vegging at the Shore
- Baked Broccoli Bites // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Loaded Oatmeal Cookies // O’Boy! Organic
- Kids Kitchen Safety Tips with Carter // Can’t Google Everything