Mother Bruce Teddy Bear Toast – Mini Chef Mondays
We have been just loving Mini Chef Mondays! This week we got the chance to get to get to know Bruce, a foodie of a different kind in the new children’s book by Ryan T. Higgins – Mother Bruce. Be sure to read this whole post, because it has a cute recipe & a special Mini Chef Mondays GIVEAWAY at the end!
About Mother Bruce:
Bruce the bear likes to keep to himself. That, and eat eggs. But when his hard-boiled goose eggs turn out to be real, live goslings, he starts to lose his appetite. And even worse, the goslings are convinced he’s their mother. Bruce tries to get the geese to go south, but he can’t seem to rid himself of his new companions. What’s a bear to do?
Right now, my 1st grader is working really hard on learning to read and he loved that Mother Bruce was an easy read for him. The words were big and clear making them easy to read and understand. The illustrations are so well done!
Of course we needed a Mother Bruce inspired recipe!
My daughter is not a breakfast eater, so anything I could do to get her to eat breakfast will do! She loved putting this Teddy Bear Toast together one morning and as you can see from her face, she loved the Nutella even more.
You could use Peanut Butter in place of Nutella or if you have a peanut allergy in your home, something like sun or almond butter would work too! Sliced bananas made his ears and nose and you can use raisins, craisins, yogurt covered raisins or M&M’s as his eyes!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Teddy Bear English Muffins // Courtney’s Sweets
- Mother Bruce Teddy Bear Toast – Mini Chef Mondays
// Momma Lew
- Cream Cheese Bear Claws // Baby Loving Mama
- Sweet Potato Stew // We’re Parents
- Mother Bruce’s Lemonade Cake // Frugal Novice
- How To Scramble Eggs // Eating Richly
- Bear Claw Cookies // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pizza Burger Sliders // Step Stool Chef
- Deviled Eggs with Capers // Vegging at the Shore
- Bacon & Broccoli Mini Quiches // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Ham and Vegetable Quiche Cups // O’Boy! Organic
- Teddy Bear Picnic // Can’t Google Everything
The hilarious follow up picture book to MOTHER BRUCE about our favorite grumpy bear, Bruce is now available – Hotel Bruce by Ryan T. Higgins.