The 10 Basics of Email Marketing
I am very excited to be attending the Build Your Influence Summit on September 26 and 27 in Tannersville, PA.
The Build Your Influence Summit will be a two-day conference for bloggers and entrepreneurs to learn the skills needed to grow their audience and cultivate relationships with brands and each other.
One of the best ways to grow your audience is to make a personal connection through email marketing. Building your email community for many bloggers seems daunting and confusing. But it shouldn’t be. Consider your email audience no different than that on your social media or your blog readers. Build Your Influence Summit sponsor AWeber develops and runs an opt-in email marketing service for currently over 120,000 small businesses, bloggers and entrepreneurs around the globe.
So what are the basics of email marketing?
- Start with a permission-based email list that you have built via an opt-in. Add your opt-in to your Facebook, as an entry point on giveaways, as a pop-up or as a plug-in on your website.
- Create an incentive for your potential email audience to opt-in. Offer them something like a coupon code, an eBook, free printables, anything that syncs your community together. Be creative with this!
- Create multiple email lists so that you can segment your email marketing by specific interests. For example, I have several email lists such as a general Momma Lew newsletter, a New Jersey based list, a list of bloggers to reach out to for collaboration and a list of businesses I like to work with on a regular basis.
- After you send your email marketing campaigns, follow through reports and remove email addresses that have bounced. If a subscriber hasn’t opened your email campaigns in over 6 months, remove them.
- With over 65% of emails being opened on a mobile device, you must be sure to make your email marketing campaigns mobile friendly.
- Give them a subject line that will entice your email audience to open your email.
- Welcome them! Send out a creative email to welcome your new audience members to your community. Make them feel excited to continue to hear from you!
- Don’t be a stranger! Email at a minimum every 90 days so that you do not increase your email bounce rate.
- Brand your emails. You spend time branding your website, social media, and photography skills. Do so on your email marketing campaigns as well. Create a template to save time and be consistent.
- Timing is everything. Email marketing campaigns sent around 6am have a higher click thru rate than those sent later in the day, say around 4p.
- Look for an email service provider who can fit your business’ needs like AWeber. And yes, your blog is a business.
Email marketing can help you grow your audience and convert your readers into loyal followers and customers. AWeber has been helping businesses grow with email since 1998. With over 99% deliverability, they get your messages where they need to be: in the inbox.
How AWeber can benefit the blogger community:
- Blog Broadcasts –no matter what blog software you use, AWeber has you covered. Its RSS to email feature is available for any blog with an RSS feed. So it’s easy to keep readers up-to-date on everything they need to know about your blog and/or business.
- AWeber autoresponder – automated email marketing that frees up your time and keeps readers engaged. Note: AWeber is the original (very first) autoresponder.
- Customer Service – Have a question? Need some guidance? AWeber’s team is here to help you along the way. That’s why they’re continually ranked number 1 in customer service above our competitors. We offer free live webinars, video tutorials and a knowledge base chocked full of education tips and ideas to help you get your campaigns started off right. Get live support 8am-8pm ET Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm ET on Saturdays and Sundays.
*This is a sponsored post on behalf of AWeber and the Build Your Influence Summit. All opinions are my own and were not influenced in anyway.