Summertime & seafood are synonymous to our family!
Last summer, our favorite dish was my crock-pot low country boil. You can find that recipe here. Over the course of the year though, we made some tweaks. While I loved the convenience of this dish in the crock-pot, my husband decided that our new giant steam pot was a great place to relocate this dish.
It makes A LOT, so if you are looking to WOW! a crowd this summer, this would be a great go-to dish.
In the bottom of your pot:
- Brown 1lb Kielbasa on the bottom of your steam pot for 5-8 minutes,
- Add 2 chopped onions and cook until they are translucent,
- Add 3 cups of dry white wine, 1 cup of salt 1 lemon and 15 qts of ice water to the pot.
- Cover the pot and let it come to a boil.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of Old Bay and increase the heat.
- Add the steamer basket to the bottom of your pan and add 3 lbs of red bliss potatoes. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 1 1/2-2lbs whole live lobsters, 3 dozen little neck clams, and 6 ears of corn, halved. Return to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 dozen shrimp and cook through, about 5 minutes.
You can enjoy this recipe spread out on the picnic table, out on the patio with a cold beer, there’s nothing better than this Steamed Seafood Boil!