Be a Sideline Hero with POWERADE® and Fresh Produce at Walmart!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SidelineHero #CollectiveBias
My daughter just starting soccer with our town’s recreation program. She’s been wanting to play for a long time and she is a very active child. I couldn’t wait for her to get running, burn off energy and make some new friends.
Right now, she is playing instructional, so they don’t really keep score and they are just trying to learn the basics of the game. After each game, a team mom brings a snack and drink for everyone to share. It’s a fun time for the kids to settle down together and socialize a bit. One of the things I noticed was that my daughter was beyond thirsty and hungry after every game. All of that running back and forth for an hour really wore her out and she needed to recharge! After the game though, I didn’t think cookies and sugary drinks did the trick of rehydrating the kids.
I did some research to figure out what was best for the team and found out that sports drinks like POWERADE® were the best to prevent dehydration because they help promote voluntary drinking and the ION4® Advanced Electrolyte System helps replenish four electrolytes lost in sweat: sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. POWERADE® is formulated with Vitamins B3, B6, & B12 to support energy metabolism, and a 6% carbohydrate solution to help provide energy to working muscles.
During the game:
- Have your child drink about 5-6oz of a sports drink every 20-25 minutes.
- Add more if it is extra warm or sunny out that particular day or if they working out extra hard.
After the game:
- After the game, drinking a sports drink like POWERADE® will help your child recover and rehydrate. By re-hydrating, you are helping your child with muscle repair. After about two hours from the end of the game or practice, your child should drink about three cups of a sports drink. Encourage eating healthy foods, especially those containing water in them like grapes, bananas and oranges.
When it was my turn to be the snack mom, I knew just what I was going to do after learning this information! We headed to Wal-Mart to pick up a 12 pack of 12 oz. POWERADE® and some fresh fruit to create the Ultimate Sideline Kit.
Of course, in order to get the kids excited about their Ultimate Sideline Kit, we needed to make this fun! I love these Butterfly Fruit Snack Bags! We used grapes and blueberries! My daughter had so much fun coloring the clothespins for her friends and making sure they were extra special! The 12 pack of POWERADE® was just the right size for little hands too.
- Fill your snack-sized zip lock bags with grapes and blueberries.
- In the middle, twist a pipe cleaner to make butterfly wings. Clip a bit off of the top of the pipe cleaners for the antennae.
- Color or decorate a clothespin and snap it in the middle for the butterfly’s body.