April is National Kids Savings Month at Boiling Springs Savings Bank*This is a sponsored post on behalf of Boiling Springs Savings Bank. All opinions are my own and were not influenced in anyway.
Did you know that April is National Kids Savings Month? Boiling Springs Savings Bank is teaching children under the age of 18 the value of savings with it’s Bucks Program. This couldn’t have come at a better time for my family as we are in the midst of a major undertaking teaching our children ages 4 and 6 the value of saving their money!
I recently shared how we were teaching our children about money here.
But what about saving it? I wish I could blame the kids for the amount of money I spend on a daily basis, but the truth of the matter is, I am in the parent and I have the power to say no!
- Less stops at Dunkin Donuts for muchkins or Starbucks for Cake Pops,
- Less trips at McDonald’s for a $5 toy.
- Pack snacks and drinks for car trips
- Make a grocery list and stick to it, versus letting the kids put whatever they think in the cart.
- Teach the kids to shut off the lights and electronic devices,
- Stop impulse buying!
- Visit the library more,
- Walk more, drive less,
- Cut back on cable service or cancel altogether,
- Put change in a piggy bank or change jar everyday.
So what to do with all of this money you are saving? Participate in Boiling Springs Savings Bank Buck’s Program! Why?
- $10 bonus is deposited into account if account is opened with $10 or more
- Account available to youths under the age of 18.
- Interest earned monthly on all account balances.
- Boiling Springs Savings Bank is Member FDIC
A New Jersey based bank, Boiling Springs Savings Bank has locations throughout the northern part of the state where you can go in with your child and sign them up for a Buck’s Program savings account! You can find the location near you here!
Follow the hashtag #teachkidstosave with the Boiling Springs Savings Bank handle @BSSBankNJ to find out more!